Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Developmental pediatrician asd ny/nj/pa

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:05 pm
looking for recommendation for developmental pediatrician for 18m old. I suspect asd, has red flags and older sib with asd.
anyone here used someone who they actually liked?
willing to go private pay.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:53 pm
Eileen Dolan at Hackensack University Medical Ctr. She's very helpful.
But there's a long wait to schedule an appointment.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:18 pm
thanks.
did she have good bedside manner?
any idea if she is in same group as dr randy huron- also dev pediatrician in hackensack.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:25 pm
Following (although not asd related)
All dr's I tried had no appts for at least a year or wern't reachable except one who charges 4k for initial eval (which I can't afford)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:27 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
Following (although not asd related)
All dr's I tried had no appts for at least a year or wern't reachable except one who charges 4k for initial eval (which I can't afford)

wait time is typically 6m to a year for anyone decent. I dont mind waiting...who did you hear if that was good but had a long wait time?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:28 am
dont know what your concern for your child is, but I was really impressed with Dr. abba cargan- pediatric nuerologist.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:55 am
amother OP wrote:
looking for recommendation for developmental pediatrician for 18m old. I suspect asd, has red flags and older sib with asd.
anyone here used someone who they actually liked?
willing to go private pay.

You might be able to skip the developmental pediatrician and go straight to early intervention. You could always get a proper evaluation later.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:02 am
amother Blue wrote:
You might be able to skip the developmental pediatrician and go straight to early intervention. You could always get a proper evaluation later.

thanks!
this is the later lol. I got ei starting at 4 months.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
wait time is typically 6m to a year for anyone decent. I dont mind waiting...who did you hear if that was good but had a long wait time?

I was given a list of Dr's by someone trying to help. I don't think they actually knew who is good.

We did EI and continue getting services. There is one issue which we just can't explain (and I'd rather not elaborate)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)