Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Pet peeves
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:32 am
WhatFor wrote:

Move to the side, everyone!

This is a pet peeve of mine! If you need to stop in any public area, move to the side! Please don't stop in the center of a shopping aisle to tend to your kids or phone. If you meet a friend, don't stop and chat 'for 2 seconds' while everyone else has to wait until you kiss each other bye. If you need directions, move your car to a location where it doesn't block the driving lanes. If you're walking slower than average, whether its physical or you have all your little kids with you, step aside occasionally and let others pass.

Etc.....

synthy

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:46 am
People who don’t greet! Especially if I greet them before. I’m not talking random people on the street, I’m way to New Yorkerish to greet them. But neighbors, coworkers…
I have this neighbor who comes out every morning while I’m waiting for my kids transportation. I smile and say “good morning!” And she just stares at me dumbfounded.
My coworkers have started greeting me after I joked that I’ll deduct from their pay if they don’t greet back.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:47 am
synthy wrote:
People who don’t greet! Especially if I greet them before. I’m not talking random people on the street, I’m way to New Yorkerish to greet them. But neighbors, coworkers…
I have this neighbor who comes out every morning while I’m waiting for my kids transportation. I smile and say “good morning!” And she just stares at me dumbfounded.
My coworkers have started greeting me after I joked that I’ll deduct from their pay if they don’t greet back.

That's the way I made myself learn everybody's name in high school. I used to get to the school one of the first ones so I you know put my stuff down and stand on the hallway and every morning I'd be like "good morning Sarah. Good morning rivka. good morning Leah." It really helped me reinforce everyone's name to my brain.

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:31 am
singleagain wrote:
That's the way I made myself learn everybody's name in high school. I used to get to the school one of the first ones so I you know put my stuff down and stand on the hallway and every morning I'd be like "good morning Sarah. Good morning rivka. good morning Leah." It really helped me reinforce everyone's name to my brain.

You did this when you yourself were in high school?

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:49 am
Plonis bas Plonis wrote:
You did this when you yourself were in high school?

Yes. I went from a class of 18 girls to a class of 90 girls. 9th grade I was miserable bc I barely knew my classmates, there were 4 different classes and most of my good friends were in different classes.

At the start of 10th grade I realized, it was my choice to start to know ppl, so I started to say good morning to everyone. I didn't really think it was a big deal.

But then in 12th grade when we were on our school shabbaton we had a kumzitz on motzei shabbat and we started sharing memories... Someone shared that memory of me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette