Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood girls in high school midterms
Previous  1  2

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 6:18 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
There are busses. Girls just don’t want to wait for them.
If I wanted to study with a friend I went to her house on the bus…

Actually today, my daughter had no bus to and from school.
On Monday, she had no bus home
Next week, at least one day there is no bus home.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 6:24 pm
My DD is in 9th grade and she did not even ask to do this. She studied with friends at various houses. I’m sure some girls did go out, but it definitely wasn’t everyone! (She is at Chedvas they had midterms a few weeks ago.)

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:14 pm
That is ridiculous. In my days there was always bussing. Why are the schools allowed to get away with this?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
It got so out of control in Lakewood and causes so much social and peer pressure (money, who is friends with who, high standards) I think the schools should revamp their midterm schedule. Nothing good is coming out of this. The wealthy girls with tons of friends party away and everyone else suffers.

Not to mention why has it become the norm to eat out so much? What kind of life are we teaching our children to have? Happiness isn't found this way but how will they ever know that if this is the life they and their friends are pursuing?

Actually, not really so. The wealthy girls don’t party more or have more friends. My DD BH had a great group of yeshivish friends and they knew how to party. And they learn how to do it economically. Make a learning experience. I can give you x amount, the rest is from babysitting or allowance money.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:36 pm
Wow thank you all for the validation! So, I am not available to drive her at all (her school is super far from our house and I work and have little kids) and she has no transportation home. While of course I’d rather not (busing that I pay for would be nice) I’m ok with paying for a car home. But not to an eatery, her elementary school, a friends house, to slurpies, to the next friends house, and then home!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics