Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Started eating obsessively

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:44 pm
And can't stop.
Ive gained 10 lbs in the last few months.
I can't seem to stop.
Any recommendations for a nutritionist in Lakewood area who takes insurance?
I need to stop now before it's too late to turn back.
I am trying to do blood work, but regardless I know Ive been eating things I wish I wasn't.
🙏🙏🙏🙏
The weather doesn't help this at all. But it helps I can wear sweatshirts 😂

honeymoon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:56 pm
Did you check your thyroid?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:58 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Did you check your thyroid?

Not yet.
But it's on my list.
I wish I also had a doctor local that I trusted.
My last doctor I asked for specific tests and he decided not to do them without telling me when he sent me for labs.
Looking for a normal proper educated doctor that doesn't prescribe meds for anything and everything.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not yet.
But it's on my list.
I wish I also had a doctor local that I trusted.
My last doctor I asked for specific tests and he decided not to do them without telling me when he sent me for labs.
Looking for a normal proper educated doctor that doesn't prescribe meds for anything and everything.

I would rule it out first.

Are there other changes that happened recently physically, mentally, or practically? Do you have time to prepare healthy, nutrient-dense meals? Do you drink enough water?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:22 pm
honeymoon wrote:
I would rule it out first.

Are there other changes that happened recently physically, mentally, or practically? Do you have time to prepare healthy, nutrient-dense meals? Do you drink enough water?

Thanks foe taking the time to respond.
I drink about 80oz of water a day.
I stopped walking because it's too cold.
I took upon myself too many things and I started emotional eating. But I can't stop them just yet. Some things were thrown my way and I can't just get out of them.
Its like I just don't want to eat normal food. I don't really have the time to prepare.. But I also just don't want to.
I'm so bloated. My body cannot handle the food. And I can't stop.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks foe taking the time to respond.
I drink about 80oz of water a day.
I stopped walking because it's too cold.
I took upon myself too many things and I started emotional eating. But I can't stop them just yet. Some things were thrown my way and I can't just get out of them.
Its like I just don't want to eat normal food. I don't really have the time to prepare.. But I also just don't want to.
I'm so bloated. My body cannot handle the food. And I can't stop.

Would it work for you to meal prep on Sunday for the whole week?

If you have 5 minutes to spare, you can find 5-minute workouts on YouTube that can give your body some movement.

Another important thing. Try to get enough good quality sleep. Lack of sleep decreases leptin (the satiety hormone) and increases ghrelin (the hunger hormone).

And get that blood work done.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:57 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Would it work for you to meal prep on Sunday for the whole week?

If you have 5 minutes to spare, you can find 5-minute workouts on YouTube that can give your body some movement.

Another important thing. Try to get enough good quality sleep. Lack of sleep decreases leptin (the satiety hormone) and increases ghrelin (the hunger hormone).

And get that blood work done.

I could potentially prep. But than I don't eat the food.
5 mnt workouts do nothing for me. I do alot of movement I don't sit alot. For several months I did 45 minute walks /runs outdoors. Than I stopped because of the weather and can't seem to pull myself together to do something indoors.
And sleep is important and I do carve out time for normal sleep.
It's definitely emotional eating. And lack of commitment. Overwhelming life. And I said today I need to stop. But I don't have anything substantial going forward.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise