Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! DD regularly makes #2 accidents
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 6:32 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
Would really appreciate any guidance:

We've been following the cleansing protocol with ds4 since Wednesday. (Took a break for shabbos.)

My son had some diarrhea, but no major blowouts, I don't know if that's a good thing or not Wink ...

So, what happens now? I intend to keep giving low dose of miralax for the next while.

My question is: He hadn't been doing #2 on the toilet for months. He was barely trained before he started regressing... so, now what? Do I keep him home for a few days and retrain? Do I send him off to cheder and hope it will resolve with time?...

Please, any advice is welcome!

Are you seeing a GI? They will tell you what his ongoing daily regimen will be…

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 6:33 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
Would really appreciate any guidance:

We've been following the cleansing protocol with ds4 since Wednesday. (Took a break for shabbos.)

My son had some diarrhea, but no major blowouts, I don't know if that's a good thing or not Wink ...

So, what happens now? I intend to keep giving low dose of miralax for the next while.

My question is: He hadn't been doing #2 on the toilet for months. He was barely trained before he started regressing... so, now what? Do I keep him home for a few days and retrain? Do I send him off to cheder and hope it will resolve with time?...

Please, any advice is welcome!

Exlax is really important in addition to miralax

ittsamother

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:12 pm
Been following this whole conversation cuz at this point I'm very invested in the mystery and hoping to see it get resolved very soon, iyh!

Very curious about encopresis- how does that tie in with OP's daughter not having any accidents in school, and with her specifically making in her underwear either in her room or in the bathroom, as opposed to anywhere it hits her? Is encopresis controllable or not? Because the physical causes of it make it sound like it should not be controllable, Google says it's involuntary, but several Imamothers here said that it still could be encopresis even though OP's daughter is clearly controlling it.

ittsamother

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what would she do if she wasn't wearing underwear to make in? Meaning, is she just avoiding making it in the toilet, but would be fine making it on the floor, or she specifically wants to make it into underwear?

Also still curious about this, didn't see an answer from OP

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:20 pm
ittsamother wrote:
Been following this whole conversation cuz at this point I'm very invested in the mystery and hoping to see it get resolved very soon, iyh!

Very curious about encopresis- how does that tie in with OP's daughter not having any accidents in school, and with her specifically making in her underwear either in her room or in the bathroom, as opposed to anywhere it hits her? Is encopresis controllable or not? Because the physical causes of it make it sound like it should not be controllable, Google says it's involuntary, but several Imamothers here said that it still could be encopresis even though OP's daughter is clearly controlling it.

so! I'm OP and have the same questions! Antiquewhite, can you explain?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:23 pm
it has happened that she pooped like a dog on the floor.. usually when I take off her panty to change her and haven't managed to bring a fresh one when she makes a little more. but BH hasen't happened often.

and, cleaning a dirty floor is easier than dirty luandry....

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:23 pm
ittsamother wrote:

There definitely is a psychological component. Sometimes they can hold a little bit until it gets too much. So if they’re in the bathroom the mind psychologicaly knows it can let go.
So they can’t control because there is a backup, but they have a psychological ability to hold…

When you give exlax it makes the urge very strong that they cannot hold…

Miralax doesn’t make an urge so it’s a bit easier to hold.

Does this make sense?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:28 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
There definitely is a psychological component. Sometimes they can hold a little bit until it gets too much. So if they’re in the bathroom the mind psychologicaly knows it can let go.
So they can’t control because there is a backup, but they have a psychological ability to hold…

Does this make sense??

yesss!! so much clarity, I have been in the dark for months!! thanks loads! Hug

any ideas how to deal with the psychological part of it? only thing I could think of for such a young age is play therapy. so far not seeing any change. and my real question is, what happened to her? how does such a fear suddenly happen?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
yesss!! so much clarity, I have been in the dark for months!! thanks loads! Hug

any ideas how to deal with the psychological part of it? only thing I could think of for such a young age is play therapy. so far not seeing any change. and my real question is, what happened to her? how does such a fear suddenly happen?

The only thing that helped for us was maturity. DC is now 6, it’s still a struggle, but loads better B”H.
But, give her a full clean out and then a high amount of exlax, she will not be able to hold at all.
And. I don’t know if it’s sudden. They say it happens because it hurt to poop when they were constipated. For my dc I don’t think it ever was a fear, I think it just became that he couldn’t hold/ habitual. So I can’t help with the fear part.

But if you do the full clean out and start with exlax it will get better. (I want to promise, but I can’t because I’m not Hashem). But I’ve seen it every time.

Our struggle is maintenance. Dc gets clean, goes on high dose exlax is good for a few months and then is full again.

ittsamother

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
it has happened that she pooped like a dog on the floor.. usually when I take off her panty to change her and haven't managed to bring a fresh one when she makes a little more. but BH hasen't happened often.

and, cleaning a dirty floor is easier than dirty luandry....

So you're saying it's not that she necessarily needs to be wearing something in order to feel comfortable going, it's more that she refuses to do it in the toilet. Wonder what it is about the toilet that's putting her off.

We had a very short term issue with our DD when she got toilet trained, she was very scared of the toilet for #2, used her diaper or pull up no problem. Ended up being that she was constipated and it was painful and for some reason that didn't scare her as much to go in the diaper/pull up so we kept her in underwear so she could stay toilet trained for #1, and when she needed to go #2 she would request her diaper. Alongside that we put her on miralax and prune juice religiously. Once the constipation eased up, she was able to try the toilet again and after a few times she saw that it was going fine and the whole problem disappeared. I would say it was over the course of a couple months. So I know my story is very different than yours but something about avoiding the toilet seemed to be a commonality.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics