Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Hillside/Elizabeth

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:59 pm
Anyone live there or know the community well? What can you tell me about it (potentially moving there)?

Thanks in advance!

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 9:15 pm
I do.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:08 pm
OP- Thanks. What can you tell me about it?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 4:07 am
Bump

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 7:20 am
Maybe ask some more specific questions? "What can you tell me about it" is very overwhelming to try to know what to answer.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:12 am
I can't give you any specifics, but before we ended up where we live now, Elizabeth was high on our list of places we would love to live. We had spent a couple of shabbasim there and found the community very warm, friendly, and diverse. We were seriously considering moving there, but the commute was too far for DH's job and it was a little too far from our families.

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:54 am
It's a MO community. Not materialistic or competitive. Options for Torah learning for men, women and kids. There are kosher / frum amenities but not on the scale of other communities in northern NJ.
The community is divided geographically by Morris Ave into "the Elizabeth / Elmora side" and "the Hillside /North Ave side".

Most people daven in one of Rabbi Teitz's shuls. There is also one Chabad shul, one beis medrash/ kollel (only open during the zman) and one additional shul that formed in recent years.

Do you have any specific questions?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating