Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Switching to Enfamil Soy

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:53 am
My 6 month old is on similac cholov yisroel and I want to move her to enfamil soy since its more convenient and we can get it on WIC. Is it ok to do that? Like shes tolerating the milk very well bh and to switch her to soy I want to make sure she will be ok with milk after...

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:10 am
No, I don't think it is a good idea to switch a 6-month-old away from real milk to soy milk, if there is not compelling medical reason to do so, like allergy to milk proteins.

Please don't.

It would be better to switch to chalav akum if it is a financial problem.
At the time before chalav israel formula was available, everyone fed chalav akum formula to children, even if the family was makpid on chalav israel. It's not such a big deal. In any case better than taking away milk alltogher.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:18 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
No, I don't think it is a good idea to switch a 6-month-old away from real milk to soy milk, if there is not compelling medical reason to do so, like allergy to milk proteins.

Please don't.

It would be better to switch to chalav akum if it is a financial problem.
At the time before chalav israel formula was available, everyone fed chalav akum formula to children, even if the family was makpid on chalav israel. It's not such a big deal. In any case better than taking away milk alltogher.

But she's starting solids so Ill still give her milk foods like yogurt and pasta

mom24.7

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:20 pm
U can give Enfamil regular or Enfamil gentle ease that's covered by wic. I would not give soy. Ever.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:33 pm
mom24.7 wrote:
U can give Enfamil regular or Enfamil gentle ease that's covered by wic. I would not give soy. Ever.

My other child had minor reflux and was spitting up a lot. My Dr said to switch to soy and he did very well with it

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:34 pm
mom24.7 wrote:

WIC only covers enfamil milk and emfamil soy. Not special kinds

teachkids

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:36 pm
I have a kid with extreme milk sensitivity that did really well on soy formula, but we only did it because she couldn't tolerate any dairy formula
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics