Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
How do I stop these 'cards' popping up in my inbox/email?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:03 pm
I keep getting them from Michael's. A coupon for $5. I unsubscribed already! Still coming...arghh..
The only option I have is 'hide till next update'
It goes away and then reappears again and again and again. Anyone else? How can I get rid of it for good?
I also get them for every delivery notification..

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:22 pm
Did you try marking as spam?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:27 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Did you try marking as spam?

I don't think there's that option. I literally tried everything..

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't think there's that option. I literally tried everything..

Gmail?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:30 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Gmail?

No, yahoo.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:32 pm
It should be an option in the toolbar there too

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:49 pm
I just got it again...I tried every way. There is no way to delete. It's under 'shopping'
These coupons pop up from stores like targets, Michael's and I don't have an option to delete them. Got 100s already . It makes me plotz

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just got it again...I tried every way. There is no way to delete. It's under 'shopping'
These coupons pop up from stores like targets, Michael's and I don't have an option to delete them. Got 100s already . It makes me plotz

You can try to filter all of these to go to a folder

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:34 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
You can try to filter all of these to go to a folder

It's the same effort as hiding it... I just dont want them popping up again, which they do.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 4:28 am
I think I got it!!! It is under "Subscriptions". You can block or Uninstall notifications. I took off many.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 6:17 am
If they are truly coming from Michaels, there is always a place at the bottom to unsubscribe and a legitimate company will take you off the list.

However the vast majority of these are just SPAM so it does no good and can even be counter-productive because emailing them indicates you have a valid email address.

Most good email now has fairly strong SPAM filters. I have thousands that are automatically sent to my JUNK mail folder - sometimes even real stuff goes there. I still get the occasional SPAM and I just send it to the SPAM filter because theoretically email "learns" and I also have the ability to block contact which I sometimes do but that generally doesn't help because SPAM email comes from a different address each time.

kenz

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 6:35 am
amother OP wrote:
I think I got it!!! It is under "Subscriptions". You can block or Uninstall notifications. I took off many.

I was just going to say turn off notifications. And when you get a popup asking you if you can be alerted by a site to special deals, etc., make sure to say no.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 6:20 am
Amarante wrote:
If they are truly coming from Michaels, there is always a place at the bottom to unsubscribe and a legitimate company will take you off the list.

However the vast majority of these are just SPAM so it does no good and can even be counter-productive because emailing them indicates you have a valid email address.

Most good email now has fairly strong SPAM filters. I have thousands that are automatically sent to my JUNK mail folder - sometimes even real stuff goes there. I still get the occasional SPAM and I just send it to the SPAM filter because theoretically email "learns" and I also have the ability to block contact which I sometimes do but that generally doesn't help because SPAM email comes from a different address each time.

So annoying I'm getting them again!
It's not an email, so I can't unsubscribe or send to spam. It's a card that pops up at the top of my emails. The only way I can get rid of it s by clicking 'hide the card' but it keeps coming back anyway.

I think when I pass Michael's next time, I will tell walk in and tell them I absolutely must get off their list!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 6:22 am
amother OP wrote:
So annoying I'm getting them again!
It's not an email, so I can't unsubscribe or send to spam. It's a card that pops up at the top of my emails. The only way I can get rid of it s by clicking 'hide the card' but it keeps coming back anyway.

I think when I pass Michael's next time, I will tell walk in and tell them I absolutely must get off their list!

I don't know Yahoo, but sounds like an ad that's Yahoo's fault.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 6:29 am
amother Magenta wrote:
I don't know Yahoo, but sounds like an ad that's Yahoo's fault.

I sick and tired of Yahoo. Is there a way to switch over if most of my accounts are linked to this email?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics