Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Help with a gift for an elderly non frum man
Previous  1  2

singleagain

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:12 pm
socialbutterfly wrote:
Sounds like a perfect gift. Not sure why people feel the need to micromanage your choice. You asked for suggestions on which book not which gift!

With the information in the first post, it didn't seem like an appropriate gift. Once this backstory was explained then the gift made a lot more sense.

I personally am a gift giver. It is my love language and when people ask for suggestions without specifics, it drives me crazy because gifts the best gifts are specific gifts for specific people for specific reasons, but that's a slightly off tangent rant of mine.

socialbutterfly

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:15 pm
singleagain wrote:
With the information in the first post, it didn't seem like an appropriate gift. Once this backstory was explained then the gift made a lot more sense.

I personally am a gift giver. It is my love language and when people ask for suggestions without specifics, it drives me crazy because gifts the best gifts are specific gifts for specific people for specific reasons, but that's a slightly off tangent rant of mine.

I get you!

Sometimes I just feel bad for OPs who aren't asking for their choice to be analyzed. I guess it's free game when you post Smile

singleagain

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:19 pm
socialbutterfly wrote:
I get you!

Sometimes I just feel bad for OPs who aren't asking for their choice to be analyzed. I guess it's free game when you post Smile

Everyone who posts should be aware that anyone who reply will come at the post from their experience through their personal lense.

This is why it is a good idea to include as much information as possible in the first message
You have a right to withhold some information but you just have to be aware that it will affect responders answers.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics