Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Sale by Owner -- how do you do it?
Previous  1  2

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 10:54 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
So I was right, this is the house I was looking at.
Your neighbors home was really move in ready (other than a paint job maybe.)
+ it sold for less.
Your home does need more money put Into it.

Also, better photos/staging will also do a lot.
It will make the home look more spacious (which it is, but doesn't give that took in the photos)

Hatzlacha!

Eta other than that I do think Luach, whatsapp groups is a good place to post

Macher was also, is there a replacement for that?

There are Facebook groups also.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 10:54 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
So I was right, this is the house I was looking at.
Your neighbors home was really move un ready (other than a paint job maybe.)
Your home does need more money put Into it.

Also, better photos/staging will also do a lot.
It will make the home look more spacious (which it is, but doesn't give that took in the photos)

Hatzlacha!

Thanks -- yes, my neighbors had a newer kitchen, but no AC split units, no garage, and their basement wasn't comparable to ours at all. Thank you for your feedback regarding pictures. I will consider it.

BasKol

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:23 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:

It is actually very simple in New York City since it is one of the few states that requires you hire an attorney for even simple residential sales.

Are you sure about this? It doesn't sound right.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 1:49 pm
BasKol wrote:
Are you sure about this? It doesn't sound right.

An agent called me last week and asked that I sign an exclusive with him, only for a month. I told him I'm not really interested going through an agent. He said that I wouldn't have to pay him a commission; that he would get it from the buyer. Is there such a thing? Is this legal? As far as I know, it is typically the seller who has to pay the commission.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
An agent called me last week and asked that I sign an exclusive with him, only for a month. I told him I'm not really interested going through an agent. He said that I wouldn't have to pay him a commission; that he would get it from the buyer. Is there such a thing? Is this legal? As far as I know, it is typically the seller who has to pay the commission.

That does not sound legit.

gamanit

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:06 pm
amother OP wrote:

If it's a buyer's agent then that makes sense. Look up his listings and see how he posts things. If his goal is to find houses for the people that come to him that's how it works.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:25 pm
gamanit wrote:
If it's a buyer's agent then that makes sense. Look up his listings and see how he posts things. If his goal is to find houses for the people that come to him that's how it works.

And if he is a dual agent? (Both the seller's and buyer's), is it legal for him to only take commission from the buyer?

gamanit

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
And if he is a dual agent? (Both the seller's and buyer's), is it legal for him to only take commission from the buyer?

No issue as long as he's upfront about it

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:29 pm
amother OP wrote:

That's a huge conflict of interest. They can't possibly give the best representation to both parties. That's why it's illegal in some states.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:33 pm
Delete. Double post.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:36 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
That's a huge conflict of interest. They can't possibly give the best representation to both parties. That's why it's illegal in some states.

I certainly hear that. Would that be more of an issue for the buyer or seller though? (The double representation)

BasKol

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 7:31 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:

It is actually very simple in New York City since it is one of the few states that requires you hire an attorney for even simple residential sales.

I am afraid you were mislead. There is no such requirement.

https://www.strazzullolaw.com/.....tate/

https://ylevinlaw.com/do-new-y.....rney/

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 8:06 am
gamanit wrote:

In New York it is the seller who pays the buyers agent, not the buyer.

And it is really a major issue to have the same agent for both parties

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:57 am
amother Candycane wrote:
In New York it is the seller who pays the buyers agent, not the buyer.

And it is really a major issue to have the same agent for both parties

That's what I thought too but there is so much conflicting info about it.
So if a RE agent tells me that only the buyer will have to pay commission on the sale of my house, is that against the law?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:59 am
So to go back to the original question, besides Whatsapp / Facebook groups, Luach.com etc, where would be a good place to advertise my house for pay?

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 12:02 pm
If he is a buyer, why do you need to sign a contract with him? Let him go ahead and make the purchase.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 12:49 pm
BasKol wrote:
I am afraid you were mislead. There is no such requirement.

https://www.strazzullolaw.com/.....tate/

https://ylevinlaw.com/do-new-y.....rney/

I wouldn't attempt to sell without an attorney. That's too risky. The question is regarding making a sale without a RE agent involved, or having one that wouldn't charge me (the seller) a commission.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating