Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Matching siblings
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

bsy

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:49 am
amother Sage wrote:
It’s not new at all. And it is every day wear. It’s also a huge thing in the south

Ok. No problem. I don't do it and don't feel a need to. They match for professional pictures and that's it. Or if I happen to buy a T-shirt for 2 boys in different sizes. My boys and girl never match otherwise

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:53 am
Chayalle wrote:
So when does it stop? When they go to camp/yeshiva, when they come home it's over?

We are middle aged and MIL still buys all of DH's clothes embarrassed He dresses himself though LOL

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:01 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
I have an intense sense of joy when I dress my kids in coordinating outfits. I love how neat it looks!
I'm also the type to iron their clothes and use gel in their hair.

I'm chassidish and I find it fascinating to see how in other circles kids would wear a unicorn oversized top, mermaid printed skirt, rainbow socks, and purple sandals (not exactly but similar:)). The girls' hair are usually not made and most likely the kids are thrilled and mom is too. Just find it really interesting.

If your kids look like this, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I'm chassidish, too. And I cringe when I see entire families strolling the street in matching clothing. It looks odd. Have you ever seen this out in the world?

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:02 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
I'm chassidish, too. And I cringe when I see entire families strolling the street in matching clothing. It looks odd. Have you ever seen this out in the world?

Until what age do these families do it?

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:07 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:

It depends on the ages. I love seeing little kids matching but hate when everyone from the 15 year old down to the newborn is matching.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:08 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
Until what age do these families do it?

Matchy match is usually done till about age 10/12 depending on the gender, but sometimes families will have their older kids coordinate with the younger ones.

Busybee5

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 5:25 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Matchy match is usually done till about age 10/12 depending on the gender, but sometimes families will have their older kids coordinate with the younger ones.

I don't like it. I also think it's a shame for a girl to dress boyish because it matches her brother's. My one girl dresses very girly, but I have had coordinated colours for Shabbos, and a couple of times actually did match her to my son, but hers was still feminine looking.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics