Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Excessive blinking
Previous  1  2

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:40 am
My child had this. It was a whole generation ago when PANDAS hadn't been invented. Top pediatrician told me to tell her not to do it as it is a habit that has to be stopped. I did and she stopped.
What do todays imas think of that? It worked.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:51 am
amother Mint wrote:
My child had this. It was a whole generation ago when PANDAS hadn't been invented. Top pediatrician told me to tell her not to do it as it is a habit that has to be stopped. I did and she stopped.
Tics were a known thing long before pandas became a thing. Just saying. And top pediatricians gave and continue to give some very misguided advice on all kinds of things. And to some extent tics are controllable. It obviously wasn't very severe if he was able to control it at will.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 11:00 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Behavior

Needs attention.

Don’t talk about it, completely ignore.

Give 25 minutes of undivided attention for 3 months-it will disappear.

As someone who has had tics, what rubbish.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 11:03 am
amother Maroon wrote:
Tics were a known thing long before pandas became a thing. Just saying. And top pediatricians gave and continue to give some very misguided advice on all kinds of things. And to some extent tics are controllable. It obviously wasn't very severe if he was able to control it at will.

It worked! Was bad but nipped in the bud before it became an uncontrollable habit.

I am not saying this would work for other habits but child had to be made aware of it in order to stop. Child had not realized she was doing it.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 11:05 am
amother Mint wrote:

If tics are being triggered by something, they'll probably grow out of those tics when the trigger goes away. Nothing to do with a parent "ignoring". Mine are very mild, but they can come and go depending on my situation. I find that they tend to be less or gone in my first trimester of pregnancy. Must be hormone related. By second trimester it tends to come back.

Oysters

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 11:09 am
Try an over-the-counter artificial tears. It could be dry eyes.

gdgirl

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 11:19 am
ophthalmologist first to rule out allergy or blepharitis. I had this with my child and was sure it was anxiety/behavioral or a tic and turned out to be inflammation of eyelids-blepharitis and disappeared once treated! The thickness on the eyelashes may be visible to the naked eye if its gotten really bad
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics