Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Baking with toddlers
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:45 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
We bring everything to the table and the kids help pour in the ingredients. Purim is coming up I plan to make hamantashen with them and my 5 year old will shape them

Totally we did it last year , hopefully we’re ready to pinch the corners this year

scintilla

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:00 pm
Probably a bit late now but we bake literally anything, the kids just love pouring in ingredients and taking turns mixing.

We've also made soup, they can put in all the vegetables in the pot once you chop them (move them to the other side of the cutting board) and add the water too by pouring in cups of water from the sink.

We've even done pasta where they put the pieces of pasta in one at a time from the box, they love it 😂

nursemom1

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:04 pm
I do all my cooking and baking with my toddler when he’s not in school. I give him prefilled measuring cups and he pours them into the bowl/mixer/pan. He gets me ingredients from the fridge, with practice he can now find the common ones himself. Pizza is his favorite, I give him a bowl of grated cheese and he sprinkles it. I grew up like this so for me it’s natural. He’s also really hard to keep busy so it’s easier to include him than to try getting him busy with toys while I cook.

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:21 pm
I take the ice cream cones that have a flat bottom. We make a cake batter (Duncan Hines works too). Fill each cone 3/4 with batter and bake. Once it’s cool they can decorate with frosting and sprinkles and it looks like ice cream.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:22 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
I miss this so much. The days are long but the years really are short. Enjoy them. Wishing you so much nachas.

Hm where do you live? I have toddlers to share lol

amf

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Soo cute what’s the recipe ?

Any basic sprinkle cookie works. I just googled until I found one that didn't need a mixer lol so I could let my toddler help pour and mix (and it made cleanup easier for me..)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers