Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Does your teenage son also say...
Previous  1  2

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do you respond to it?

Are you able to occupy them all day?

They are both into music. Have you ever heard of Bassline? They provide keyboard/guitar lessons that can be taken at home. I find that somewhat helpful.

One son started dorming in yeshiva this year. This is very helpful for boredom because there is a constant social life. I wonder if your son would just be happier dorming somewhere. It would also relieve some of the pressure from you having to think of ways to entertain him.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 11:25 am
He's on winter break right now. When he's in yeshiva, boredom isn't really a problem.

In fact, in his words, "I used to enjoy being off of school (in middle school) because I was used to having time after school, so I just did more of those things. Now that I'm in yeshiva all the time, I'm not used to having free time. And I'm not interested in the things I used to be interested in...I just haven't figured out anything else to do because I never have free time on my own. In yeshiva there's always someone around to hang out with..."

Which makes me wonder why he's so against getting together with a friend! But whatever, I'm just a mother, I don't get these things.

(And no, this isn't his first year in mesivta. It just hasn't gotten better. Maybe it's even gotten worse...)

siddur

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 11:32 am
OP, I can relate!
How old is your son?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 11:39 am
siddur wrote:
OP, I can relate!
How old is your son?

And he's really a great kid overall! He's the one who will stand up if the other kids are doing something he thinks he wrong. He's the one who saw I was stressed after yesterday's trip and took a bunch of the other kids' water bottles and garbage out of the car so I wouldn't have to. He's generally respectful, and I don't think he's complaining to be to be rude, but just sharing his feelings without realizing how it comes across.

siddur

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 11:55 am
amother OP wrote:

And he's really a great kid overall! He's the one who will stand up if the other kids are doing something he thinks he wrong. He's the one who saw I was stressed after yesterday's trip and took a bunch of the other kids' water bottles and garbage out of the car so I wouldn't have to. He's generally respectful, and I don't think he's complaining to be to be rude, but just sharing his feelings without realizing how it comes across.

Sounds like a great, healthy kid!!
Enjoy him!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children