Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Different household jobs.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:23 am
What household task do you enjoy and which do you cringe just thinking about. And how do you make it fun?
I’ll start. I enjoy washing dishes. I find it very relaxing. And then I cringe when I have to mop, I hate it with a passion. I was thinking about getting the vacuum that mops but I heard it is a fortune. And I make mopping more fun by putting in leibidige music or talking on the phone.

mom!

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:36 am
I love cooking.
Hate ironing

amother
Fern

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:39 am
Hate cooking. I also enjoy washing dishes, it’s easier to complete it without focusing, and I can zone out. Other tasks I need to focus

hodeez

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:48 am
Love sorting laundry, hate bending down every 3 steps to pick up things that don't belong on the floor

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:49 am
I stopped ironing I use a steamer instead it works on everything … hated ironing so much omg

peace2

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:50 am
I like cooking but not cleaning up after myself
Hate washing white shirts (the rest of the laundry is not so bad)

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 9:15 am
For the ironing you can put the shirts in the dryer on the cool down setting of your dryer for a few minutes if you have that option or put in your dryer the last few minutes if your dryer cycle. It works wonders.

tweety1

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 12:08 pm
I love washing dishes
I hate folding laundry

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 1:15 pm
I love everything about doing laundry sorting washing drying folding ironing. Fresh clean clothes makes me feel clean. I also like washing dishes and cleaning up/ mopping because decluttering and clearing up makes my brain feel idk how to put it calm like I can think straight again. I hate cooking. I’m not a foodie.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 1:25 pm
Linen me too. I just said I love doing dishes bc that’s my favorite of all household duties.
Thanks people. Have a lichtige Shobbos everyone 😍

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:31 pm
Hate dishes with a passion.
I would rather scrub toilets and I have boys. Something about a freshly lysol'd toilet makes me smile.
Laundry I enjoy.
My dream is to have 2 dishwashers one day but first need to get out of apartment living.
I don't enjoy sweeping so got a robot vacuum which isn't perfect but totally good enough for me.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:35 am
I hate everything. I hate cooking. I hate cleaning. I hate dishes. I hate cleaning the toilet. I hate taking out garbage. I guess I hate laundry the least.

I bought vacuum mop and now I like cleaning the floors! Unfortunately my baby hates it, so I don't use it as much as I would like LOL LOL LOL

I also bought a spray bottle and some absorbent cloths, I now don't hate wiping things down (e.g., counters, table, etc.). Spray bottles are fun.

But in general, I put on music or talk to a friend. My friend and I have a weekly phone date on Thursdays where we each do our household tasks while we talk, it's great.

imaima

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:53 am
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
What household task do you enjoy and which do you cringe just thinking about. And how do you make it fun?
I’ll start. I enjoy washing dishes. I find it very relaxing. And then I cringe when I have to mop, I hate it with a passion. I was thinking about getting the vacuum that mops but I heard it is a fortune. And I make mopping more fun by putting in leibidige music or talking on the phone.

I love laundry. I love all chores that have tp to with clothes.

I like cooking new exciting things. Hate cooking same old dinner under pressure

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 12:15 pm
Laundry is my favorite, I rarely pretreat anything I just wash everything right away and barely anything stains. I don't iron anymore, I put shirts in the dryer for a few minutes and then hang them. I
I also enjoy sweeping.
Dishes are my worst.

#Happymom

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 2:48 pm
I actually love doing the laundry! I find it really relaxing and clean clothes smell so good.. Smile

Although that's about all I like doing in household jobs! Don't enjoy washing up, sweeping, cooking, cleaning...

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 5:02 pm
Doing laundry is like a love language for me. As a kid I felt taken care of knowing that I had fresh, clean clothes. My mother would come into my room at night and pack away my clothes and I would find it soothing.
When I have a baby/toddler I don't like doing anything because I can't do it with intention. It's just slapdash because it's hard to do with a baby tugging at my skirt. When my kids are all in school most tasks can be somewhat enjoyable if I can listen to a podcast while I do them.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 5:50 pm
hodeez wrote:
Love sorting laundry, hate bending down every 3 steps to pick up things that don't belong on the floor

Life hack from my mother in law: sweep everything on the floor into the center of the room, then put stuff away. Helps with the bending every three steps! And that’s when I have my kids help clean up: “everyone clean up x number of things from the pile!”

I enjoy folding laundry, but hate putting it away after. I like sweeping.

amother
Marigold

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:10 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
Life hack from my mother in law: sweep everything on the floor into the center of the room, then put stuff away. Helps with the bending every three steps! And that’s when I have my kids help clean up: “everyone clean up x number of things from the pile!”

I enjoy folding laundry, but hate putting it away after. I like sweeping.

I hate sweeping. Or maybe the broom is afraid I will hop on it and got flying.?
Love laundry! Love organizing!

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:11 pm
Cooking and grocery shopping is the worst. I enjoy cleaning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry