Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
If you could live anywhere…
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Maple

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:31 pm
My spiritual heart wants yerushalayim. I just yearn to be there!! My physical heart wants a beautiful expansive house with a large yard (basketball court!) and stunning weather year round. I’m a much happier and accomplished person when the weather is nice! I love just being outside, walking in the fresh air, and enjoying the sunshine (with a breeze! No humidity please Smile)

a2z

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:51 pm
To own a house in Israel with at least 6 busses each way daily to my parent's city.
A plus would be to have a yard with room for a blueberry bush, a aju/ gogo tree ( apricot iykyk) a cherry tree and some tomatoes.

Eta and not too humid

Last edited by a2z on Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:09 am
A remote island far away from humanity

lilytee

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:22 am
Anywhere that is secluded with lots of trees and nature! I want to look out and see Hashems pure world, not a polluted version of it.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:15 am
Interesting how many people here seem to dream of living in seclusion. I consider myself an introvert but living near no one outside my family sounds super depressing. A gorgeous quiet place is nice. But with neighbors please.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:40 am
I go back and forth with the following imaginary options:

Old city
Ramat eshkol (where I lived for several years as a newlywed)
LA, where I am from
Or an area in NJ where all of my siblings live

I think it really depends on what stage of life. I currently live in a large frum OOT community, that’s very urban. My husband and kids are really happy.
I would love to ideally live in a quiet beach area but I have kids of all ages and that would never work. My kids need friends , a school in driving distance , neighbors etc

I would love to own a place in Israel and go for summers and yomim Tovim, and move permanently when my youngest is out of school

And in my dreams , the houses in the above mentioned areas should at least 4000 square feet on a minimum of an acre of land, have a full Finished basement with guest rooms and bathrooms , a huge pool, deck with a gazebo, and a basketball court for my boys. Even in this imaginary home in Israel. Obviously 😂
And huge windows that overlook the huge backyard and pool.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:09 am
LA. Maybe Florida, I haven't been there in a while so idk. But was in LA last winter and fell in love. I just love the warm sun and t-shirts in the middle of the winter. Huge wide streets with big shady trees.....and also really great food lol. Gorgeous architecture. The reason we don't live there is because we can't afford it LOL LOL

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:20 am
Large home (not unusually large) in Yerushalayim or Chevron in a neighborhood with similar families.

My fantasies get derailed by practical considerations, like not wanting to be perceived as the richest family in the neighborhood, and wanting at least some of the neighbors to be classmates of my children.

And I need to leave DH's opinions out of my daydreams because he is quite happy where he is! (He doesn't want to move to Israel until Moshiach comes.)

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:57 am
Large house somewhere near RBS.
I believe its a dream that can actually come true one day but Hashem needs to figure out the finances part Smile

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:36 am
In a single story house anywhere in Yerushalayim. Backyard with an esrog tree, pomegranate tree and lots of tomato plants.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:55 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Europe.

You can get this including the trees in London, and the bug garden in some areas. But it ain't cheap

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:55 am
amother Trillium wrote:
Port Isaac in Cornwall.
Or any other quaint little english or irish village.
Thats my dream.

This sounds amazing!

MrsDash

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:56 am
Huge piece of land. Middle of nowhere. Farm animals. Never summer. Very Happy

Forgot to add one of the most important thing of all ----A huge indoor/outdoor aviary, with birds from across the globe!

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:56 am
When I'm in a bad mood, I wish I lived on a faraway Island. Only me, and family, and nobody else around. Many times I wished I lived in a very not Religious/Jewish neighborhood. There are Nisyanot I have been through and I feel if I didn't have Neighbors in such close range, I could pass them better. Half the problem is always thinking, ''what are the neighbors gonna say''.
I would love to own a cow farm in Lancaster. Love the area.

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:00 am
Yerushalayim for sure I love Har Nof it's beautiful.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:21 am
amother Springgreen wrote:
You can get this including the trees in London, and the bug garden in some areas. But it ain't cheap

But can you get around without a car?

GLUE

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:17 am
a2z wrote:
To own a house in Israel with at least 6 busses each way daily to my parent's city.
A plus would be to have a yard with room for a blueberry bush, a aju/ gogo tree ( apricot iykyk) a cherry tree and some tomatoes.

Eta and not too humid

Before you grow your cherry tree make sure that you don't need two of them to get cherries. Many types of cherry trees need a different tree to produce cherries, they don't self pollinate.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:31 am
GLUE wrote:
Before you grow your cherry tree make sure that you don't need two of them to get cherries. Many types of cherry trees need a different tree to produce cherries, they don't self pollinate.

Hmm altho you would like my community for the other things you wanted, you seem to need your almond tree! Love how you have so much knowledge about trees! Curious where you grew up...

GLUE

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:53 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Hmm altho you would like my community for the other things you wanted, you seem to need your almond tree! Love how you have so much knowledge about trees! Curious where you grew up...

A not so big or small town called Lakewood NJ
A place where you could walk most places(not that people did,still there were people who did not have cars)
A place at that had nice street tree's

People talk about what they miss from "old Lakewood", what I miss the most is the tree's, yes I know we need housing, but you don't have to plant sticks and call them trees even with all the new housing we could still have a lot of street trees.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics