Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Help with Bar Mitzvah right before Purim

What would you prefer to get ?
simple megilas Esther  
 80%  [ 20 ]
a nice bencher  
 12%  [ 3 ]
other (please write)  
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:36 am
I want to order a party favor to give out

I'm looking for ideas....I know I can give a megilas Esther , but to stay in my budget I would have to give a very simple and small one.

OTOH, I can get a beautiful bencher for the same price - but I feel silly missing out on the opportunity to connect it to Purim when the bar mitzvah is so close to Purim

Any other ideas ? what other kind of Jewish party favor can I give that's connected to Purim?

(I was thinking about a gragger - but just imagining the kids at the bar mitzvah having fun with them is making my head hurt Smile )

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:42 am
My brother bar mitzvah was before purim and megilas Esther combined with benching was given. It's useful because it's small compact, there was always another one needed besides for the official one.

We still use it over 25 yrs ago

Last edited by dankbar on Mon, Feb 26 2024, 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:48 am
We gave out a simple ($2.50) Megilat Esther 11 years ago. People still come up to show it to me in shul on Purim. How many Benchers do you have in your drawer?

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 5:16 am
As your kids get older you go from needing 1 Megila to 3,4,5,6... And it's the type of thing you often don't think about til you're nearly out the door. A simple one is great.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 5:17 am
I agree with the idea of a megillas esther. It's always useful and I have a drawer full of bentchers, bot not that many megillos.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 5:30 am
My son BM was 2 days before Purim . We gave out a megilla it had bentching in the back . It’s tyh 5 years later we all use it and I see my neighbors brining it to shul . I bought a bunch I cute cheap Purim hats and clown noses and we played Purim music at the end was very cute and enjoyable I have very cute pictures !!! Mazal tov !

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:36 am
I also say megilla.

Side note- I am making a bar mitzvah soon. Where do ppl get benchers etc? What's the normal price ppl pay?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:48 am
My niece (whose name is Esther, incidentally) gave out Megillas Esther (Artscroll) at her Bas Mitzvah.
BAH she is married with 4 kids and we still use them. We think of her every Purim!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics