Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Is there such a thing as too many books?
Previous  1  2

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:36 pm
I buy so many books! I love books. Anyway, we did this for our oldest child and just kept buying and buying more books, especially during corona as they were inexpensive but time filling entertainment. Anyway, fast forward 10-11 years of buying books for my kids (also past the board book stage, I also ekpt byying kids picture and chapter books) and our house is practically bursting with books. Im not kidding, we have books everywhere. We have 13 bookcases/closets and we still don't have room for all the books. Books on every surface, coffee tables, couch, dining room chairs, night tables, beds, etc.

The plus side is that my oldest is a real bookworm, she learned to read early, she loves to read, and that is literally the activity she does that she can sit still for.

So buying and reading books is great. But you need figure out where the limits are before you get there. Every so often I go through the books that we don't like so much or nobody wants to re-read and we give them away or donate them or trade them in at used book sales. But we still have books from board nooks throguh chapter books because my yiungest is a baby, so it isnt like we can just get rid of all the little kid ones, we read all.book stages now with a growing family. So think ahead to the future of how you want your books and bookshelves to look over time with a family full of readers and maybe that can guide you now in how many books to buy and how to get rid of some when you need to.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics