Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What has helped your child with emotional regulation issues?
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:18 am
For my son meds was a game changer.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:25 am
His speech theorist taught him zones of regulation. That was huge.

I’m going to take him to a homeopath next.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:26 am
I agree with the posters who wrote

Helping fix own attachment issues- I see a huge difference also. It’s hard work and worth it. Rabbi Russels book is a great starting place.

Cranial Sacrol Therapy- made a huge huge difference. It’s truly truly life Changing. For you and for your son.

OT- could be a sensory issue ( I know this gets thrown around) but again a good therapist who is very knowledgeable in reflex integration. Also life changing.

Looking into strep, lyme, parasites etc.

Each one of these will attack this from a different angle and you bezH will see different levels of change. Once you start you will find different methods/ modalities that will help.

Hatzlacha rabbah!

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:36 am
amother Khaki wrote:
Please, skip the books until he's capable of selfcontrol. Guilt and shame won't do him any good at this point.

They're amazing and empowering books written for children that help him understand himself better, and he enjoys them.

Look up "I Just Don't Like the Sound of No" by Julia Cook and other books by her, and "What Should Danny Do" by Adir and Ganit Levy.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:46 am
How old is the child? Has any formal neuro-psych been done to confirm or rule out (ie ADHD, ASD, ODD, SPD, OCD…etc.) Monitoring outbursts to check triggers like hunger/thirst?

If child is ages 6-12 try reading together the Little Spot books (and videos if you do screens). Diane Alber a mom, author artist has great emotions series of crafts and songs/videos even my little spot of emotional regulation or flexible thinking - good stuff.
Good luck.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 11:26 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
Which dr did u use for all this?
We more or less self treated. Pediatrician was ok to rx longer term abx but we also used a lot of herbal abx. We did see an integrative Dr at one point who prescribed meds for parasites and yeast but again we mostly treated with herbal stuff. We use a practice for classical homeopathy called resilience naturopathic

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:08 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
They're amazing and empowering books written for children that help him understand himself better, and he enjoys them.

Look up "I Just Don't Like the Sound of No" by Julia Cook and other books by her, and "What Should Danny Do" by Adir and Ganit Levy.

True. I guess I should have written be discriminate to pick the books that won't increase shame and guilt.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:17 am
[for us this was a temporary phase. He has little outbursts where I intervene now but a lot better for most part.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:43 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
We more or less self treated. Pediatrician was ok to rx longer term abx but we also used a lot of herbal abx. We did see an integrative Dr at one point who prescribed meds for parasites and yeast but again we mostly treated with herbal stuff. We use a practice for classical homeopathy called resilience naturopathic

Can you advise which dr u used to treat parasites and yeast? How would I even test for that?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:57 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
Can you advise which dr u used to treat parasites and yeast? How would I even test for that?
I don't know where you're located but most functional or integrative MDs would know how to test and treat that. An OAT (organic acids test) has yeast markers, and a comprehensive stool analysis will test for parasites.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:14 am
Meds have helped, but the real game changer for my son has been karate. With an excellent teacher. I stress that because I think it makes a difference.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:59 am
To those suggesting medication - you’re not fixing anything. You’re just masking it.
Check for parasites.
Liver and gut cleanse.
Change his diet.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:29 am
Please look into Dr Becky Kennedy and what she has to say about Deeply Feeling Kids.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:26 pm
Follow the Guttmann Sisters. They specialize in this area. Helped me and my children tremendously. Www.handsonapproaches.com
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics