Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Stars Preschool

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:14 am
Anyone currently send to Stars?
My son needs OT, extra help with aleph bais, has some focusing issues.
I took him for an evaluation, and was suggested to try Stars for kindergarten.
They told me h may not qualify, but it’s worth a try if he can get all services in house, as opposed to me taking him out of his Morah to get him all the help to properly prep him for Primary.
I am nervous, because Stars has a name. I am scared of the school’s reaction if they hear he is coming from Stars. I am a sibling in a boys school, though.
The evaluator told me it’s much more mainstream than it used to be.
Anyone currently in Stars that can give me some feedback?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:23 pm
Bumping up.
Anyone?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:32 pm
If he's a sibling, there is no issue when it comes to the yeshiva. The question is if he truly belongs there. I would say first try to get in and you can decide in the summer if he's ready to go more mainstream.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:38 pm
Also, try to find out about the incoming class. When I was applying with my son, I found out that most kids were dealing with language and behavior issues which were areas that he did not need help in. I didn’t want to bring him down in those areas so sent him to a regular morah and supplemented with therapy. It is a fantastic, well run program if your child is the right fit and can really set them up for success.

cupcake123

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:41 pm
Stars only name is being amazing in my experience. Schools don't really care

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:47 pm
I sent to linden but my experience was that the yeshiva was happy we were aware of our childs learning profile and appreciated that we were taking care of issues and were very supportive in whatever way they could.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:53 pm
Thanks everyone!

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 5:48 pm
I would call the school and ask for their "expert " opinion!

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 5:53 pm
I currently send to stars and bh didn't have any issue getting him accepted mainstream.
They try to find a class where your kid will fit in based on his developmental level
I'm bh very happy there!
You need to be approved by the board of Ed in order to go. I suggest you start now as it's a whole process. Registration for stars is usually after pesach but one year they started it in June so make sure to call so you can apply early enough.

galpal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:41 am
Excellent program!

emi1812

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 3:50 pm
If you send to stars and you already have a sibling in a school, there won’t be any issue with getting him into school.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 4:43 pm
I sent to both Linden and stars. both are fantastic programs. linden is much more intense therapy wise- specifically OT. stars is "special ed light"- I think every kid can benefit from their program:). they only have hebrew 1.5 hours a day but your child will know the aleph bais cold. I sent my oldest and did not have an issue getting into school from there. first do the boe process. this past year they changed requirements and rlly hard to get approved, so that's your first step. if approved, ask stars about the class what level is the class they would put your child in. they will be very honest with you.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 5:44 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
I sent to linden but my experience was that the yeshiva was happy we were aware of our childs learning profile and appreciated that we were taking care of issues and were very supportive in whatever way they could.

I was going to say this too.. Schools appreciate when parents are on top of things and dealing with issues in my experience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries