Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Waitlisted

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:19 am
My daughter got waitlisted to her first seminary choice. Her second choice was very much a fall back option.
My question is, do seminaries ever send out a No response ? Or is it always a yes or waitlist?
And how much do we “ fight” to get her in ?

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:21 am
Yes, they do send out Nos also, but that doesn't mean that just because you're waitlisted you're first on the list.
I'd advise you to speak to your sem advisor at your daughters school and ask her to find out for you or ask if there is a certain date that you should wait for before accepting the second sem.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:58 am
My daughter got one letter that wasn’t exactly a no, it said we have no physical space but call this specific number on specific date at a specific time to speak to a specific person and hopefully you’ll get in. Hope this helps.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:01 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
My daughter got one letter that wasn’t exactly a no, it said we have no physical space but call this specific number on specific date at a specific time to speak to a specific person and hopefully you’ll get in. Hope this helps.

That sounds like not a generic waitlist response.. but more like they really wanted her. Did she go there in the end?
Of course every seminary and every year is different, but how many girls who get waitlisted actually go to that seminary ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info