Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Where's ur purim prep up to?
Previous  1  2

Where's your purim prep at?
Thought of theme but didn't do any prep yet  
 6%  [ 13 ]
Have costumes but no MM shopping or prep yet  
 11%  [ 24 ]
Started shopping already have SOME things I need  
 34%  [ 72 ]
I didn't even think of purim or themes yet  
 9%  [ 20 ]
Didn't do any shopping yet. (That's what next Thursday and Friday will be fof)  
 4%  [ 9 ]
Started baking already if doing homemads  
 4%  [ 10 ]
Everything is shopped for and/ planned  
 25%  [ 53 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 206

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:16 pm
We have costumes & mm packaging for the family & each of our kids ( no themes). Hope to buy nosh for mm on Sunday. Going to parents for meals but I need to figure out what to contribute & shop & cook for that.

Tao

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:26 pm
amother Green wrote:
Costumes are purchased.
MM will be done next week- I don’t know why people feel the need to get it done a month early. I don’t really have space for it and it takes one night.
Seuda we are going away Smile

Because I love it!!!!! I look forward to it all year. Shushan Purim is the worst. It means there's another entire year left to go until Purim.
I hold myself back until Kislev. (although often have the theme in my head by then truth be told.) Then I allow myself to start buying containers and costumes LOL LOL

Tao

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:28 pm
So to answer the aquestion, my baking besides the one thing that needs to be fresh is all done in the freezer. Costumes done and photoshoot done.
Labels/packaging almost there.

Don't worry, I'm selective about what I'm organized for. I'm always organized for Purim, because I love it.
Pesach though, what's that? I think I'm just going to sleep from shushan Purim and wake up isru chag pesach this year LOL Laugh

DVOM

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:34 pm
Costumes are done (1 unicorn princess, 2 'fighters', 1 giraffe, 1 gorilla, 1 donut).

Many pounds of beef jerky are made. My boys baked a few batches of chocolate chip cookies which are in the freezer. I usually assemble the packages on taanis Esther. The timing is funny this year, will probably get it done Friday or motzai Shabbos. The kids shalach manos for their friends are pretty much done.

Going to my mom for the seudah, so nothing much to do for that.

I'm making a bar mitzvah on Pesach, so I'm trying to be super organized this year. I want to turn over a week before I normally do, so my focus right now is Pesach cleaning.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:45 pm
I already bought a costume for my baby. I already wrote down the poem for his babysitter because I had it in my head and wanted to get it down on paper and bought the chocolate to give to her before Purim. I just have to get a card and put it together.

For the actual day of Purim I'm going to my in-laws so I have no mm to make. I'll bake a cake for my in-laws and that's it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics