Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/O calling back unknown numbers

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:20 pm
I'm a secretary for a psychologist. Many times I need to call someone who left us a VM/email or are on the waitlist and they haven't saved our number.
Now I am understanding why I call several times and don't get an answer or a call back.
I don't like leaving VM or sending text incase it's a landline or their children/spouse will hear/see it.
Would you prefer I leave a voicemail with the chance of your teen hearing or is there a different way to do this??

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:21 pm
I’m calling from Dr jones office. This call is for Jane Doe. Please call me back at your earliest convenience

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm a secretary for a psychologist. Many times I need to call someone who left us a VM/email or are on the waitlist and they haven't saved our number.
Now I am understanding why I call several times and don't get an answer or a call back.
I don't like leaving VM or sending text incase it's a landline or their children/spouse will hear/see it.
Would you prefer I leave a voicemail with the chance of your teen hearing or is there a different way to do this??

Usually when I go to a new doctor, their intake form asks if they can leave a voicemail at each phone number. So I check yes for my dentist on all my numbers, but for my obgyn I only check yes on my cell.

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:24 pm
amother OP wrote:

Ask your boss, every medical office I've ever been to as an adult (so for 20ish years) has required me to give a phone number in which a message can be left. I assume this is the case in your office as well.

But I would assume you don't say, hi I am calling from Dr. Cohen the psychologist's office... just say Im calling from dr. cohens office.

Ask your boss if they have a form like I described in place, and if not, implement it now.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:24 pm
If you don't leave a voicemail they probably won't call back.
They need to know that by not giving you a private number where they can be reached, the responsibility of anyone else finding out about this is solely on them

Last edited by Goody2shoes on Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:25 pm
Hence the reason people have cell phones. Leave a message on their cell

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:08 pm
We do have an intake form for when you start sessions and on that I assume they give a private/cell number.
When I come into work I will have VM from people looking for information about the center or a missed call. I wouldn't know if they called from a landline and if there are other people who could be listening to the VM I leave them.
I suppose it's up to them if they want it private.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:18 pm
amother OP wrote:

When I fill out form by the doctor they ask for permission by leave messages at my different number. So I say cell yes home no.

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:28 pm
I have a similar situation. I work in dialysis and I often need it to call people. Not everybody is comfortable with their friends and family knowing their medical history. When I call, I leave a message, without the patient’s information. I would never say hi. I’m calling for Jane Doe. I always say Hi this is Chaya, I’m calling from the Smithtown dialysis clinic. I’m not leaving any names as I am not sure if I have the correct number, but if this pertains to you, please give me a call back at (123)456-7890.

People call me back.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:33 pm
I get at least one spam call a day (sometimes more!) so I do not call random numbers back. I'd leave a message.

singleagain

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
We do have an intake form for when you start sessions and on that I assume they give a private/cell number.
When I come into work I will have VM from people looking for information about the center or a missed call. I wouldn't know if they called from a landline and if there are other people who could be listening to the VM I leave them.
I suppose it's up to them if they want it private.

It seems to me that if people are possibly waiting for a doctor's appointment then they should listen to their voicemails in private and not all this responsibility has to be on you. They have to be somewhat responsible for it as well.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:54 pm
When my therapist call me I can just see their number or the leave a message that doesn't sound as a therapist call
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette