Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Teachers comment after many years…wwyd

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:31 pm
So a relative of mine always kept telling me that there was this one teacher who really thought she was going OTD and was out to save her….
She would say the most inappropriate comments to my naive relative constantly while she was her student…

Anyway I always heard her but took it with a grain of salt….she was a good girl with good hashkafos and friends and not in any way at risk bh!

It’s many years later now and I just bumped into this teacher….and what do you know…she asks me. “How is Mindy doing?” I can’t stop thinking about her….I’ve been praying for her all these years, she’s constantly on my mind….” I hope she is in a good place… and on and on….

Anyway I sweetly responded that she’s doing amazing, her husband is sitting and learning and she is a successful breadwinner bh!
Although I wanted to say a lot more……

What would you have said? I can’t believe all these years she still trying to save someone who doesn’t need saving….

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
So a relative of mine always kept telling me that there was this one teacher who really thought she was going OTD and was out to save her….
She would say the most inappropriate comments to my naive relative constantly while she was her student…

Anyway I always heard her but took it with a grain of salt….she was a good girl with good hashkafos and friends and not in any way at risk bh!

It’s many years later now and I just bumped into this teacher….and what do you know…she asks me. “How is Mindy doing?” I can’t stop thinking about her….I’ve been praying for her all these years, she’s constantly on my mind….” I hope she is in a good place… and on and on….

Anyway I sweetly responded that she’s doing amazing, her husband is sitting and learning and she is a successful breadwinner bh!
Although I wanted to say a lot more……

What would you have said? I can’t believe all these years she still trying to save someone who doesn’t need saving….

I would just say “so sweet of you! Thank you for your teffilos”.
This teacher sounds a little off. So I wouldn’t tell her any actual info. But her teffilos definitely don’t hurt.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:44 pm
I would say She’s doing great! Thanks for davening for her!

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:48 pm
I would have said exactly what you said, which is exactly what I would have said to anyone else who asked about her after not seeing her for many years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics