Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is the RealReal legit?
Previous  1  2

watergirl

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 1:20 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I guess you guys know more about it than I do. I assume because its an older bag and clearly amazing quality, good fakes werent around back then. Plus its not in prestine condition. Its clearly used.

Ill be honest, I dont care that much. A really good quality bag should cost about $400 anyway. Plus I bought one with no obvious logo because I am not looking to pay for a name. Just quality.

Making it look older and used (“pre-loved”) is part of the scam of selling fakes as real. It makes it look more legit.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:00 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I guess you guys know more about it than I do. I assume because its an older bag and clearly amazing quality, good fakes werent around back then. Plus its not in prestine condition. Its clearly used.

Ill be honest, I dont care that much. A really good quality bag should cost about $400 anyway. Plus I bought one with no obvious logo because I am not looking to pay for a name. Just quality.

Was it the alma bb?

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:13 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Which style is it?

Curious as I have no way of knowing whether your bag is real or a high end replica. There are women who are cleaning out their closets and happy to get rid of a bag they don't want for a few hundred dollars.

Ok so a few updates.

I made a mistake about the pricing. I just went to check.

The bag retailed new at around $1100 many years ago not 2500. I must have mixed it up with something else. So the price disparity is much lower.

Second, its not a bag that can be "weathered" its a very sturdy kind of leather.

Third, I use this bag all the time so im hesitant to say which one I got.

Im still pretty confident that its real but you guys are right, no way to know unless I authenticate on my own which I dont care enough to do for a $400 bag.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:13 pm
I buy and sell clothing on realreal often. And their customer service is fine, an item that was supposed to be “pristine” arrived missing a button and they refunded $30 when I complained. Cost me only a few dollars to buy and sew on new buttons lol.

And they refuse to sell clothing all the time, usually due to a small stain or something.

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:44 pm
I’ve gotten things on the real real
I’ve gotten Prada and Burberry shoes that were very obviously fake but they weren’t so expensive so I didn’t care and I didn’t wear them that much
I got a real Prada bag for $500 (came with the original receipt and papers)
I got real Gucci shoes for $450 which also came with original papers and receipt
I do buy real designer from the stores occasionally so I do know the difference usually

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:49 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Ok so a few updates.

I made a mistake about the pricing. I just went to check.

The bag retailed new at around $1100 many years ago not 2500. I must have mixed it up with something else. So the price disparity is much lower.

Second, its not a bag that can be "weathered" its a very sturdy kind of leather.

Third, I use this bag all the time so im hesitant to say which one I got.

Im still pretty confident that its real but you guys are right, no way to know unless I authenticate on my own which I dont care enough to do for a $400 bag.

You don’t have to share. I was just asking bec I looked into it recently and the alma was the only one I could find that didn’t have a logo. And it’s sturdy leather. (I love mine and I don’t see anyone else with it, which I love. And no one can tell what brand it is. Unless they own one themselves.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 4:01 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
I buy and sell clothing on realreal often. And their customer service is fine, an item that was supposed to be “pristine” arrived missing a button and they refunded $30 when I complained. Cost me only a few dollars to buy and sew on new buttons lol.

And they refuse to sell clothing all the time, usually due to a small stain or something.
Do you get information on the buyer? Do you know who the buyer is?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 4:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you get information on the buyer? Do you know who the buyer is?

No

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 4:18 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
No
Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics