Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Schools for daughter of converts in BP
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:02 am
I don't think you have to worry about not being accepted anywhere, although it may not be your first choice.
I believe the following schools will accept you gladly: Bais Sara, Gan Yisroel, Bais Yaakov.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:05 am
amother OP wrote:
I was told most schools are, no?
I'm wondering if it's really because of lack of space or too many girls, very little schools.

Anyway, I hopped on here to ask which schools are easier to get in if we stand a chance..and what do we do if we don't get my daughter anywhere?

You’ll try as best you can and then you have bybp as backup even if it’s not his first choice.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:17 am
Am I the only one who thinks it’s very late and people shouldn’t give OP false hope?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:21 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks it’s very late and people shouldn’t give OP false hope?

I disagree. Not too late for those three schools

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:22 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I disagree. Not too late for those three schools

Ok!

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:26 am
I’ve been following and not suggesting anything because I’m not from BP although I did live there at one point for 2 years. Yes, I was thinking about Bais Yaakov but since I’m not there now I don’t know what it’s like or what the other schools are like.
I wanted to say one thing. You seem like a very nice person, op. You and your husband are probably nice, kind and well liked. Surely you are raising children with beautiful values. In general, people like nice people! When you finally hear about your daughter’s acceptance, know that she is being accepted because her parents are well liked and respected. IyH if there are future children going to schools you won’t have this issue of trying to get them in because they’ll be siblings. It’s always an issue with the oldest son and oldest daughter even if you wouldn’t be geirim. I admire you and wish I knew you in real life! May you always have much nachas from your children. And may your daughter get accepted into the school that will be best for her to grow up as a true bas Yisroel.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:13 am
Ok so we'll try these schools asap.
I was worried it was a bit late but relieved that its not SO late...and yeah I was told that the first girl and boy have a hard time getting in schools irl.

Amein thank you so much! I used to post tons here then decided to take a break. Smile I haven't been here in a long while. Wow ima changed a lot! Lol.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:48 am
Op, so glad to have you back! I've really missed you and so nice to hear what you're up to. You also reactivated the chassidish forum and it's no longer as quiet as it was before you joined. Hope you continue posting!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 5:54 pm
So no school yet. They all say they're full. I just found out erev shabbos from my husband that the family in Williamsburg are not interested to step in to push the schools. Supposedly it is because the schools are going to ask questions like "who are you?" Then the family will respond the same "who are you?" Then they will hang up because the school doesn't want to waste time getting to know them. (These were their words)

I'm not even sure why I'm saying this. I just hope its not an excuse and I'm trying to be DLKZ. Anyway, I'm trying to convince my husband to apply to gan yisroel or bybp. He is trying one school at a time. Just wish he would send all the applications at the same time like I've been nagging away all this time.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 6:13 pm
I haven’t read the whole thread.
I worked in bjbp for years. March is not too late. It is doable. I had parents scheduled for interviews as late as july and sometimes August. Don’t give up. Call every day. Go down personally to rabbi Frank.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:50 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I haven’t read the whole thread.
I worked in bjbp for years. March is not too late. It is doable. I had parents scheduled for interviews as late as july and sometimes August. Don’t give up. Call every day. Go down personally to rabbi Frank.

Thank you!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:10 pm
I've been following but haven't responded until now.
Im Living in bp send to gan Yisrael . We dis the run around. Emotional drainage of begging and pushing . Pull. And rejection after rejection. Drop it. Go to gan yisroel. You'll be welcomed with warmth and respect. Your daughter with be loved and thrive in all areas of development. Social emotional. And educationally. You'll look back and be so happy with the hashkafos she will recieve with simcha. You're heart will shine as she talks about being tzenua with pride and excitement. You'll cry with happiness at your choice of school when your daughter shows acceptance to girls with special needs as just one of the chevra. You'll grow your from rabbi and reb. Ginzbergs shiurem and classes for parents. Just go for an interview and your decision will be made
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics