Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What to eat purim morning
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:32 pm
when mine were younger the rule was no one leaves the house till they've eaten. either eggs on toast or in pita or pizza bagels...end of.
then at least they've lined their stomachs lol. I try to have plain pasta on table they can microwave at one point lunchtimish and then seudah late around 4....

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:40 pm
We eat eggs and toast or pancakes and yogurt. I also found I must pack up finger food so the kids can have while we shlep around. We have franks n blanks, tiny schnitzel, deli roll minis, mini challos, poppers - no sauce tho. The car becomes gross from all the food but the kids are eating better than all junk all day. The finger food isn’t healthy buts it’s better than taffies and the liquidy goo candies. We also make sure to have water and flavored seltzer in the car.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:44 pm
bestme wrote:
What do you eat purim morning? We eat the meal very late, like 1:00/1:30. The entire morning is rushing around town giving mishloch monos and being surrounded by nosh. What can I serve my family that is quick to eat and healthy and still good to eat?

1:00/1:30??? Our meals start at 4 or 5!!
I generally prepare a healthy lunch for the family, but truthfully we get many shalach manos with good healthy food in it

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:55 pm
My kids and I eat regular breakfast. Usually cereal, but whatever they want to make. I rarely prepare their breakfast. I have a coffee and something mezonos, but I try to make it filling.
Lunch time we usually pause from running around and have a quick lunch. Usually a sandwich of some sort. Sometimes to go, if we need to run to yet another teacher's house, BH.
Our seuda is always supper time, like usual - about 5.
I try to keep an eye on the younger ones that they don't eat too much junk. BH the ones old enough to understand, are more careful. They usually ask when they can take another treat from their pile.

amother
Peony

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 1:06 pm
Bagels brunch and then afternoon seuda
For the mm:
Only keep the good stuff we like and recycle /give it away to neighbors or the cleaning lady

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 1:12 pm
I have a dairy crockpot so before I go to sleep I put up steel cut oatmeal or rice pudding so that when everyone gets up in the morning it’s ready. My kids will actually eat it (so will dh & I) and there’s no time wasted figuring out what to eat. It’s a good, filling breakfast that’s starts everyone off on the right foot.

I try to have something real they can eat after delivering, before we head to seuda but as they get older, they are less interested and more moody about what they want to eat. B”H they have also learned that they don’t want to eat too much junk so it balances out.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:23 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
Literally never heard of this!! So interesting. Wow. Do you ever get a break from the kitchen?

To me it's so much easier than any other yom tov as far as cooking. We are pros at preparing 10+ seudos for yom tov, what's the big deal of three. I cook mostly in advance. Many people go out for some meals. Or host for some. Also, many serve the morning meal breakfast buffet style...

gold2

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:26 pm
Halachically you need to have one meal on purim
The others are nice and optional
(Erev yom kippur you need to have 2 meals)
As with all halachic shailas feel free to check with your own lor
I get nervous when people mix up halacha and nice ideas

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:58 pm
I think there is an inyan to have a big meal the night of purim - is because you just fasted all day! The idea of having 2 seudos during the day, is probably becasue the second one is late and you are supposed to eat at least the majority on the day of purim not the night after - many people start so late that they miss it. So having a seuda in the mornign makes sure you are yotsei. Plus - everyone is hungry, so why not eat!

We normally spend all day in & out the car, so never have a chance to sit down for a meal until late afternoon, so having a big breakfast is best! I will try to organize something like some of the other imas have given great ideas here.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics