Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Swing sets- Swingit, backyard kingdom, Whee SR
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:18 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
This thread isn’t very current, but in case anyone searches in like I just did… I worked on designing a set with both swing it and whee (SR). Granted, swing it was more knowledgeable- although whee is coming in significantly cheaper. Swing it sets do look somewhat nicer (curb appeal another poster called it) but the price difference doesn’t justify… we were at the point of finalizing and putting a deposit with swing it, but they were obnoxious about a $30 discount- it’s their call at the end of the day.. but that’s what prompted us to price it out at a different company. We didn’t place our order yet.. but working on finalizing with whee (SR)

To clarify about the Amish companies, swing it gets their sets from King Swing, and whee sr gets their sets from Adventure World.

Thanks for the info. So why wouldn't someone go straight to King Swing or Adventure World to save money by cutting out the middle-man? Do they not sell directly to consumers, or will they not work with you to customize like the frum companies do?

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:25 pm
For someone who does want cedar, I have a place that comes every year to treat the wood and maintain the set.

theassemblypros@gmail.com

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:47 pm
Can you give an approximate $ for a standard style swing set

I know there are ranges but curious in what price range

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:01 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
For someone who does want cedar, I have a place that comes every year to treat the wood and maintain the set.

theassemblypros@gmail.com

Where are they located, and about how much do they charge each year to treat it?

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:10 pm
Anyone know if theres a price difference to order direct?

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:16 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
Where are they located, and about how much do they charge each year to treat it?

I'm in lakewood and they came to me. Charged 250, but I think it depends on the size of the set.

They tightened screws, replaced a few, and I complained that the kids were Bumping the whole set out of the ground so they did something and now it doesn't bump anymore. And they painted it with a clear paint. (They did say that in a few years if it needs the color they have a different coating that has a stain included. It's a bit more so they said don't use it until you have to)

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:20 pm
I think everyone needs to do their own research. I spoke to SR play when I was getting a swing set and they had no idea how to put together the set I wanted. I told them what I wanted on it and they put together one that just looked horrendous and didn't really want to tweak it fo me. Swing it was a pleasure to work with and I got what I wanted. In addition, I have neighbors who have both and I checked them out. Personally I felt the swing it sets were sturdier and thicker than SR Play.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:19 pm
I just got a new swingset this past summer. Swingit seemed too expensive so I looked into SR Play and Backyard Kingdom. I got quotes from both- Backyard Kingdom came out less expensive for each part - it saved me around a thousand dollars overall (my set was closer to 10k). SR seemed very knowledgeable and had great customer service but I was looking to get the most for my money- which I did bH. We are thrilled with the swingset.
I did a lot of the designing on my own though- by researching a lot and coming up with a really nice design. We have a lot of great features- such as extra high swing frames - so that the swings can swing higher which is great for teens. We put space for 7 swings- 3 of them are standard (2 regular swings, 1 baby- all of which we ordered through BK). For the other swing frame, I didn't order any swings through Backyard Kingdom. Instead, I bought 2 cool swings on Amazon- a rectangular swing that a few kids could sit on - and a tire swing. These swings require more space than the standard swing- so they used up the full second frame. My kids love it!

Tealiciousmom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 3:15 pm
Whee was amazing to deal with! We loved dealing with them from the start. I researched a few different companies and this by far had the best customer service and curb appeal.

Happy to answer any questions!

sweet

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:47 am
I am starting to look into swingsets now and I have the same questions who is better priced and better at helping me design a swingset.
Of course I will call them all, I alse see backyard kingdom advertises too.

How do I even know what I want, ?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics