Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Please hit me with your best DIET recipes
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:11 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I don’t really consider muffin to be particularly healthy although I imagine there are some that have very Spartan ingredients and I have made baked oatmeal which is a bit like a muffin because you can eat it as a slice.

Pancakes aren’t necessarily unhealthy and can obvious be made slightly healthier but pancakes generally don’t have a huge amount of either sugar or fat until you add butter or syrup.

I don’t really look for healthier versions of dessert types of foods because I think they should be viewed as a splurge and it’s better to really enjoy the best quality. A lot of the diet cookies etc are actually counter productive in terms of what people wind up eating.

In terms of healthy eating I think the best is to try to do healthier stuff on a regular basis and have fruit for a snack instead of a brownie and then have a wonderful brownie for a special dessert.

That's my point, she labeled it healthy, she obviously thinks that it's healthy even with almost a cup of sugar. So "healthy" can mean something different to everyone.
I personally don't think a cup of sugar is healthy, but neither is sugar substitute.
Just label it as pumpkin muffins and let everyone decide if they should make it.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:13 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
That's my point, she labeled it healthy, she obviously thinks that it's healthy even with almost a cup of sugar. So "healthy" can mean something different to everyone.
I personally don't think a cup of sugar is healthy, but neither is sugar substitute.
Just label it as pumpkin muffins and let everyone decide if they should make it.

I don’t disagree with your opinion and would also find it bizarre to have that kind of recipe described as healthy or light.

It might nit be truly unhealthy as a small part of what someone eats but recipes are generally described as healthy when they have healthy ingredients and not a lot of sugar or fat. Like a recipe that derives its sweetness from fruit

lamplighter

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:16 pm
In terms of some of the "healthy" recipes and cookbooks mentioned here....we have evolved and learned a lot more about health in the last 10+ years. Low fat sugar free whole wheat flour WAS the healthy years ago....

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:16 pm
Super fast delicious and healthy.
Turn on Betty crocker
Put in parchment paper
Spray oil
Slice in onion
Fresh garlic
Salt to taste
Close cover
Cube cutlets
Open cover
Dump in bag of broccoli
Cut larger florets into smaller pieces
Close cover
Let cook for appx10 min
Open cover
Stir
Dunk in cubed cutlets
Close cover
Come back 3 min later and give a stir
Close cover
Come back another 3 min and enjoy your dinner

amother
Black

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:25 pm
There’s a very healthy bread -very low calorie/ it’s called Royo Artisan bread. I’ve been using it to make myself a sandwich. It’s expensive but worth it for me because I am losing weight and not feeling deprived.

A good meal option is a piece of salmon with steamed vegetables. I started eating frozen butternut squash. Sometimes I’ll eat broccoli with a slice of reduced fat American cheese.

Buy fat free cottage cheese. Eat with tomatoes or any other vegetables.
Shibolim whole wheat crackers are very low calorie.

Of course lots of water and staying away from cake and cookies.

Eggs are also a good idea. Tuna in water…
Sliced turkey, rice cakes…

tova95

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:42 pm
High protein diet is the way to go! Eat tons of protein at every meal

mother1818

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:43 pm
Interested
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise