Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's $200????
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
The point of the situation is what my sister in law said to me about the money.
But you & others chose to miss the point of the thread and jump on me about something that's not the point of the situation, and make up a whole assumption based on that.

You wanted the post to be about your obnoxious SIL but others thought what you said was also not great. They pointed that out to you and then you went back and edited the post to make sure the focus was purely on your SIL. Like I said before you're right your SILs comment was obnoxious but saying to someone "we we're counting on it" is also entitled. Since now you said you didn't say it just thought it, the whole point is moot.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:30 pm
Wow people are in a nasty mood today!

First of all, wow! Your parents are so generous. They sound like lovely people. And yes, it is absolutely nice that you said "thank you! We really need it" because they will feel like you actually appreciate it.

Who in their right mind gets a gift from their in laws and says wow only $200? That is so rude and entitled. If anyone gave me $200 I would be thrilled!!! I seriously don't get anyone commenting here that you did anything wrong.

Your sil is in the wrong here. Even if they gave $20 you say thank you and zehu!

Also I had no idea purim gelt was even a thing lol

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
The point of the situation is what my sister in law said to me about the money.
But you & others chose to miss the point of the thread and jump on me about something that's not the point of the situation, and make up a whole assumption based on that.

OP I'M WITH YOU.

I'M SHOUTING FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE DEAF TO THE TRUTH.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU SAID YOU WERE COUNTING ON IT! HAD YOUR MOM SAID THEY COULDN'T GIVE U 200 THIS YEAR IT WOULDV'E BEEN IN BAD TASTE TO SAY YOU WERE COUNTING ON IT, BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT YOUR MOM SAID!

IF I WOULD TELL MY DAUGHTER I WAS GIVING HER MONEY FOR YOMTOV WHEN SHE THOUGHT MAYBE I WAS GONNA SKIP IT THIS YEAR FOR SOME REASON, I WOULD FEEL GRATIFIED THAT SHE APPRECIATES IT ENOUGH TO COUNT ON IT! IT MEANS THE GIFT IS EXTREMLY APPRECIATED.

ALL OF YOU NITPICKERS AND FICTION WRITERS, PLEASE GO HOME, FIND SOMETHING USEFUL TO DO AND LEAVE POOR OP ALONE!!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:37 pm
amother Birch wrote:
You wanted the post to be about your obnoxious SIL but others thought what you said was also not great. They pointed that out to you and then you went back and edited the post to make sure the focus was purely on your SIL. Like I said before you're right your SILs comment was obnoxious but saying to someone "we we're counting on it" is also entitled. Since now you said you didn't say it just thought it, the whole point is moot.

Posters that didn't even see the post before it was edited, twisted the story & jumped on me for whatever reason. There were also some other weird assumptions made.
And the response from BB, literally leaves me scratching me head how it got so many likes, it has nothing to do with what I posted, and is just a weird conclusion to come to. It's rude to twist a story & make ridiculous assumptions.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:17 pm
amother Birch wrote:

SHE IS THE OP. She's allowed to " make sure the focus was purely on her SIL." lol
It is so socially off to pick on a random separate detail and focus on that. Who even cares if OP sounded entitled? like, what's the point of mentioning it. It doesn't have connection to the point of her story.

This is like vnahapoch hu here. Purim's over btw.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 2:35 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Wow, you are a much more generous and nice mom than I am . DSW-go to clearance, at flats. Sorry I am not buying in to “frum brand/styles” here are your choices -blush or black.
I was the kid wearing those shoes and I remember the looks and “compliments” I’d get from other teens. I’m not doing that to my kid.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 2:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm not negating that you may be poor.
But I just want to make you aware that not everyone that's on government programs, is poor. (This isn't something I'm interested in going in to now.)
May hashem shower you with parnasa & hatzlacha & everything you need.

(And I didn't bring up finances at the sueda, I don't know how you're coming to this conclusion.)
Most people on government programs are poor, so unless you have proof otherwise it’s a safe assumption to make.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette