Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Can someone help me find my size in dress blank clothing?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 12:00 pm
I’m trying to understand how sizing works. I took my measurements but I’m confused by the measurement they post if their items. Am I supposed to choose a size that’s the same or bigger than they list?
My measurements:
37 waist
39 bust
43 hips

This is is hard for me bec my body is a huge source of stress to me and I’m trying to help myself and be a nice wife and get some new things so I’m not in my current shmattes all the time, but getting overwhelmed and stressed out.

Here’s an example of a dress I was looking at.
https://dressblank.com/product.....dress

Also I’m short like 5 feet. Would this work for me? Assuming I’d have to hem… or any other ideas for a 5 foot 165 pound insecure woman in her 30s

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 12:03 pm
I'm your height and weight but not as hourglass shaped (more round lol) and would not get that dress. Maybe it would work for you but it looks too clingy to hang nicely and that it flares out a little too low to work for me. But could be it's different for you.

I don't know if their measurements are accurate but if they are you would need the XXL based on the bust measurement.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 12:10 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
I'm your height and weight but not as hourglass shaped (more round lol) and would not get that dress. Maybe it would work for you but it looks too clingy to hang nicely and that it flares out a little too low to work for me. But could be it's different for you.

I don't know if their measurements are accurate but if they are you would need the XXL based on the bust measurement.

Thanks! Despite my measurements I’m not that hourglass either lol maybe if I was taller it would look that way. Now I just look big. I have big everything. Stomach, bust, arms, thighs, behind.
Any better suggestions of clothing? I’m so down Sad

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 12:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Despite my measurements I’m not that hourglass either lol maybe if I was taller it would look that way. Now I just look big. I have big everything. Stomach, bust, arms, thighs, behind.
Any better suggestions of clothing? I’m so down Sad

Yeah maybe we're the same.

I do well in dresses with button fronts but would look for heavier materials. I got one from Junee last year that was amazing but looks like it's gone now.

Honestly shopping is really hard and depressing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 12:44 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Yeah maybe we're the same.

I do well in dresses with button fronts but would look for heavier materials. I got one from Junee last year that was amazing but looks like it's gone now.

Honestly shopping is really hard and depressing.

Thanks really appreciate it… if you find anything good please let me know. I can’t continue wearing what I’m wearing. It’s not good for me. I just usually give up trying bec I get so overwhelmed and down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics