Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Please explain to me what wanting woman to Lein Megilla is
  Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Correct. I opened the thread to ask 'an innocent question'. I've got my answers, thank you.

I wanted to understand why, I didn't want to be convinced that it's the only correct way.

No I don’t think you wanted to understand why. I think you wanted THEM to understand why it’s wrong (in your narrow minded opinion).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:51 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
No I don’t think you wanted to understand why. I think you wanted THEM to understand why it’s wrong (in your narrow minded opinion).

Thank you for your kind words.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:58 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
you didnt understand what I was saying.

OBVIOUSLY there are many women without young kids.. for various different reasons. either they dont have or they're grown up etc.

my point was - that the thing I take issue with, is the whole concept that raising children is a lowly demeaning job and that modern day feminism is here to save the day and "liberate" women to be exactly like men.
so no, leining the megillah doesnt have to be problematic. but it will be, if that becomes the be all and end goal of a women to 'just do what men do' as a hashkafa.

like someone posted earlier she felt like men should rush or shorten their yom kippur davening so women could daven! thats messed up priorities.
if someone needs to be in shul to connect then go get yourself a babysitter but please dont make it about gender equality, social construct or whatever garbage social justice buzzword you picked up from secular feminism.

whoever doesnt believe that women are not only obligated but HONORED to take care of children - I am very sorry for your kids.

Not every opinion contrary to yours is "garbage social justice buzzword picked up from secular feminism". Maybe some of us actually have life experiences which shaped our opinion a certain way.

It seems that some posters are happy with their traditional feminine roles and aren't looking to change. Then why the anger? Why not you do you and others do them???

I'm sure we are all HONORED to take care of children and find it genuinely fulfilling. That's why there are about - I don't know- three hundred threads a day started by women who are tremendously stressed, falling apart, etc etc etc???

Don't get me wrong, I am bh a mother of children and I wouldn't give up any of them for a billion dollars. But to state that it's so fulfilling and all stars and roses is a bit of a stretch. Many women are silently or not so silently suffering in their traditional roles. I don't know what the answer is, I don't have a solution, but if it makes someone feel better to learn to lain which literally does not take a lot of time at all, I don't understand why this would bother you.

Let's call a spade a spade- womens lives, in every sector of society and whichever brand of frum you are -is hard. Why make things harder than they have to be? If this gives some women fulfillment, why mess with success?

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:02 pm
Well she’s the one who opened a thread to “ask an innocent question”. She’s gotten some very good responses which she chose to ignore. But every so often she rushes to “like” a post by someone who’s just parroting her. Didn’t she ask because she wants to hear other points of view? She should’ve just created a thread called “let’s bash on communities who aren’t afraid of doing things that are more modern”.

If you call what she said bashing, then both sides have been bashing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:05 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Not every opinion contrary to yours "garbage social justice buzzword picked up from secular feminism". Maybe some of us actually have life experiences which shaped our opinion a certain way.

It seems that some posters are happy with their traditional feminine roles and aren't looking to change. Then why the anger? Why not you do you and others do them???

I'm sure we are all HONORED to take care of children and find it genuinely fulfilling. That's why there are about - I don't know- three hundred threads a day started by women who are tremendously stressed, falling apart, etc etc etc???

Don't get me wrong, I am bh a mother of children and I wouldn't give up any of them for a billion dollars. But to state that it's so fulfilling and all stars and roses is a bit of a stretch. Many women are silently or not so silently suffering in their traditional roles. I don't know what the answer is, I don't have a solution, but if it makes someone feel better to learn to lain which literally does not take a lot of time at all, I don't understand why this would bother you.

Let's call a spade a spade- womens lives, in every sector of society and whichever brand of frum you are -is hard. Why make things harder than they have to be? If this gives some women fulfillment, why mess with success?

We're not in this world to sit in the sun. Who said it's all stars and roses? Noone. (And fyi men's life isn't stars and roses for the men either).

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
We're not in this world to sit in the sun. Who said it's all stars and roses? Noone. (And fyi men's life isn't stars and roses for the men either).

Agreed but we can do things to make it easier.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:07 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Agreed but we can do things to make it easier.

Exactly.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:08 pm
amother OP wrote:

I don't think its comparable, I think women have it much harder.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:10 pm

She is allowed to ask questions and she is allowed to continue the conversation even after you personally feel that she should be satisfied and shut up.

Ironic that you call her narrow minded.
Anyone who doesn't think that it's hashkafically correct for women to lein has been told that they are demeaning, arrogant, and conditioned by men. But that wasn't narrow minded. Only her opinions are according to you.
Page 14 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14 Recent Topics