Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to avoid vaccinating my baby until school
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 10:59 am
amother Eggplant wrote:
One kids reach age 2, they only get the regular 2 year old vaccines. They don't need the other one's. Which is why it doesn't make sense to stuff babies bodies with garbage.

Total sheker.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:02 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
My concern is the ACS. Can it trigger an investigation? even if it's not grounds for taking the kids away, I don't want a case open with the ACS.

I don’t think so. I’ve never heard of ACS investigating for vaccines. In fact, nobody can force anyone to vaccinate their children.

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:12 am
amother Red wrote:
Total sheker.

Huh? I've done this with all my kids, and I know many others that do the same. They absolutely don't get all vaccines that babies get. They get the regular 2 year old vaccines.
Any pediatrician that says that a 2 year old needs all vaccines babies get from birth, cannot be trusted.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:13 am
I didn’t read the whole thread,

But why would you want to delay everything and then push it all in a short timeframe? You will need it for school anyway

My daughter was delayed in her vaccine schedule and suddenly I had to stuff her with dtaps every 4 weeks for a few times in a row. It was awful and traumatic to her.

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:18 am
amother Orchid wrote:
I didn’t read the whole thread,

But why would you want to delay everything and then push it all in a short timeframe? You will need it for school anyway

My daughter was delayed in her vaccine schedule and suddenly I had to stuff her with dtaps every 4 weeks for a few times in a row. It was awful and traumatic to her.

This was addressed several times already upthread.
Kids don't need all vaccines when starting on a delayed schedule. Some vaccines are only given to infants under 1 or 2 years old.
My kids start at 2 and they don't get shots every 4 weeks, that's crazy.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:24 am
You don’t have to squeeze all the vaccines within a short time frame. If you know what you are doing, you end up taking less vaccines and spreading them out as much as you want. It takes some knowledge and planning.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:41 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
You don’t have to squeeze all the vaccines within a short time frame. If you know what you are doing, you end up taking less vaccines and spreading them out as much as you want. It takes some knowledge and planning.

Can you share your knowledge or at least where to do research? Been having such a hard time finding info! It’s like google is suppressing it. My baby had one round at five months which I immediately regretted. Now I want to delay as long as I can-as close to school as I can. I’d love to have a schedule planned.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:44 am
amother OP wrote:
Can you share your knowledge or at least where to do research? Been having such a hard time finding info! It’s like google is suppressing it. My baby had one round at five months which I immediately regretted. Now I want to delay as long as I can-as close to school as I can. I’d love to have a schedule planned.

Read The Vaccine Book: Making the right decision for your Child by Dr. Sears. He includes a comprehensive chapter on delaying vaccines. It tells you everything you need to know.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:16 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Huh? I've done this with all my kids, and I know many others that do the same. They absolutely don't get all vaccines that babies get. They get the regular 2 year old vaccines.
Any pediatrician that says that a 2 year old needs all vaccines babies get from birth, cannot be trusted.

Dr. Diamonds group says that. All the Dr's in that group. Some are amazing.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:52 pm
Depends on which state you're in. Google vaccine requirements for school for your state. Make sure the site is a .gov or doe site. There you'll see the requirements for school, many will giv you the spacing needed as well.. Then work backwards from when your kid will be in school and how much space you're comfortable with between doses and you'll know when to start.

I do this for my kids in nys, so if you're in ny, I can help you out.

miami85

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 2:02 pm
Just something to point out, that the current vaccination schedule allows that the bulk of the shots are before a child is old enough to remember it. The longer you wait the more a child recalls the pain of the injection and it takes longer to catch up.

I've had kids who remembered shots as young as 2 and then they didn't like going back to the doctor's office afterwards for a long time (B"H my kids don't get sick often so they mostly go for well-visits when they are subjected to a shot or two).

If you do the bulk on time then by the time they are 3-4 years old it's only 1-2 vs. the infant visits are often several every few months.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 2:17 pm
miami85 wrote:
Just something to point out, that the current vaccination schedule allows that the bulk of the shots are before a child is old enough to remember it. The longer you wait the more a child recalls the pain of the injection and it takes longer to catch up.

I've had kids who remembered shots as young as 2 and then they didn't like going back to the doctor's office afterwards for a long time (B"H my kids don't get sick often so they mostly go for well-visits when they are subjected to a shot or two).

If you do the bulk on time then by the time they are 3-4 years old it's only 1-2 vs. the infant visits are often several every few months.

Anyone concerned about vaccines enough to want to delay this much isnt taking this into consideration as a factor…

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 2:18 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Depends on which state you're in. Google vaccine requirements for school for your state. Make sure the site is a .gov or doe site. There you'll see the requirements for school, many will giv you the spacing needed as well.. Then work backwards from when your kid will be in school and how much space you're comfortable with between doses and you'll know when to start.

I do this for my kids in nys, so if you're in ny, I can help you out.

I’m in New York I would love your input. I found the government sites confusing.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 2:28 pm
I declined the one in the hospital and told them I'll get it for my baby at her next doctors visit. However, the doctor didn't offer it to me. Will they make me give it to my baby later on or once it's skipped it's skipped?
Are there any vaccines that if not given in the first year will then be totally skipped or do all have to be given in the end?

miami85

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone concerned about vaccines enough to want to delay this much isnt taking this into consideration as a factor…

Any mother who has seen pictures of a child with polio, measles or heard a recording of a child with whooping cough would. These "once eradicated diseases" are coming back.

Do what you want about chicken pox, flu (and no I didn't get my kids the C0v1d vax because they had it and were fine)

I don't want to see my children suffer, and that is a big consideration in my mind.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:09 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
I declined the one in the hospital and told them I'll get it for my baby at her next doctors visit. However, the doctor didn't offer it to me. Will they make me give it to my baby later on or once it's skipped it's skipped?
Are there any vaccines that if not given in the first year will then be totally skipped or do all have to be given in the end?

I’m assuming you’re referring to the vitamin k shot that’s given at the hospital ? Once it’s skipped, it’s skipped. There are a fair amount of vaccines that you can skip by starting vaccines at one year old. An example of this is the rotavirus vaccine. Any vaccine given before 6 months, you are able to give one less dosage of. For example when 4 DTAPs are required, you are able to give only 3 DTAPS.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:12 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:

Nobody can make you vaccinate your child. Remember, it's your choice. Even if they say it's not, it's still your choice.

It can be hard to stand up for your children. But if you believe it's the right thing to do, then that's what you do.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:27 pm
Those of you making nasty comments about “anti vaxxers” probably haven’t done much research. Vaccines aren’t properly tested for safety. Most clinical trials only last a few days. Not one vaccine on the CDC childhood schedule was tested against a true placebo. They’re never tested the safety of administering multiple vaccines at once or the schedule as a whole. & yet, in their very limited clinical trials, they still found potential side effects including SIDS MS GBS the list goes on & on which are LISTED ON THE INSERT. autism used to be 1 in 10,000, it is now 1 in 36. They claim it’s because of better testing (which we can give a bit of credit to) but is anyone dumb enough to believe that there’s no other reason for why 1 in 36 children is diagnosed with autism. Open your eyes.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:36 pm
OP I just wanted to mention that some preschools are really strict about kids being up to date on their vaccines before starting. If you plan to send to a preschool like that, you don’t want to wait too long to start vaccinating or you’ll be stuck giving a few at once.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:37 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I’m assuming you’re referring to the vitamin k shot that’s given at the hospital ? Once it’s skipped, it’s skipped. There are a fair amount of vaccines that you can skip by starting vaccines at one year old. An example of this is the rotavirus vaccine. Any vaccine given before 6 months, you are able to give one less dosage of. For example when 4 DTAPs are required, you are able to give only 3 DTAPS.

Hep B, thanks
Page 9 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics