Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancun, is it safe these days

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 10:36 am
Anyone been to Cancun recently? Did you leave the resort? Is it safe to go off the resort to the islands and to the cenotes? Did you rent a car? I've seen some news articles about the safety and wondering what it's like. Thanks!

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:52 pm
I was there around a month ago, everything was perfectly safe. Taxis there rip you off so always take Ubers, they are way cheaper. We left the resort a few times to go to the kosher stores near Chabad and had no issue.

I wouldn't worry

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:59 pm
It's about as safe as it usually is.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 6:04 pm
Did anyone drive to the cinotes?

doctorima

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 6:29 pm
Personally I've heard too many stories of corrupt police pulling tourists over and claiming they were speeding and threatening to arrest them unless you pay a significant fine (bribe). It happened to a friend of DH's, and it cost him $500 to get away. The cinotes are great, but I'd feel more comfortable being driven there on a tour - group or private, depending on your budget.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics