Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What types go to Pesach hotels?
Previous  1  2

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:00 pm
All types I'm sure. Never been. Never want to. Even if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd still rather stay home and just hire a ton of help to make things easier for me. I value being in my home with my family for YT. No interest in a crowd of random people.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:09 pm
Ive been going to a hotel for the past 20 years (minus 2 years for covid) there are lots of differeent types of people there and there are many reasons why families go

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:12 pm
I do dream about going to a beautiful hotel and being wined and dined for pesach instead of slavjng away and hosting!

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:13 pm
How do sedarim work at a program? Is it like a communal Seder?

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:14 pm
amother Rose wrote:
I do dream about going to a beautiful hotel and being wined and dined for pesach instead of slavjng away and hosting!

This was the most surprising part. I had free time. I read books, hung out with other women or just my husband. It was so weird! My kids peaced out to the kids davening and club and I barely saw them until meals. It was quote a nice change during the days when they would usually be so bored.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:14 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
How do sedarim work at a program? You sit with your family? Or is it like a communal Seder?

you sit with your family. Some families request private dining rooms for the sedarim. (cost more $)

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:15 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
How do sedarim work at a program? You sit with your family? Or is it like a communal Seder?

You can usually pick which you prefer. Communal, semi private or even fully private.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:15 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
This was the most surprising part. I had free time. I read books, hung out with other women or just my husband. It was so weird! My kids peaced out to the kids davening and club and I barely saw them until meals. It was quote a nice change during the days when they would usually be so bored.

Yes thats a major reason why we go. My kids are really busy and happy there

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:16 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
You can usually pick which you prefer. Communal, semi private or even fully private.

Hotels Ive been do don't really have communal seder. Maybe one for the camp consolers and babysitters but most people do it on their own.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:19 pm
there are pros and cons. Some people hate Pesach hotels. I just been going for many many years so I Know what to expect and I enjoy it. I hire a babysitter to sit in my room (from an agency) during the sedarim. Its usually extremely expensive but my child need sleep. The hotel babysitters don't usually work seder night because they need to have their own seder.

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:20 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Hotels Ive been do don't really have communal seder. Maybe one for the camp consolers and babysitters but most people do it on their own.

The one we went to had all options.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:20 pm
giftedmom wrote:
There’s a great one in Utah this year catering to the chassidish crowd. I would’ve loved to go.

Is this advertised anywhere? Where can I find out about this?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:25 pm
My friend dreads going to the hotel everyear. She goes someplace local so its usually cold weather still pesach time so they are cooped up and its hard.She goes for part because her inlaws go. I always choose someplace where the weather is warm so we spend most of the day outside

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 4:18 pm
I know a family that went one year because the mother got up form shiva right before pesach and she was in her 8th month.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 4:43 pm
I love being home Pesach. I have married, singles and parents come to us.
No we don't have a huge house, not a Pesach kitchen, not tons of help.
I just love the experience of pesach at home, and BH I can cope with what it entails.

A holiday after Pesach, that I wouldn't say no to!

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 3:29 am
I’m going to a program in Italy it came out to a bit more than 3000 a couple it’s pretty “cheap”
Compared to the other programs
This program is obviously not as fancy with the 5 star hotels and food but it’s still a hotel where I don’t have to cook or clean it’s being run by a chabad rabbi in Italy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics