Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Is polyethylene glycol kosher for pesach?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:32 am
It's a generic for miralax. It's odorless and tasteless. I really need something for constipation over Pesach so if anyone has any other suggestions aside from prune juice, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

cbsp

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:49 am
From https://consumer.crckosher.org.....copy/

(it's in the context of a person needing it for a colonoscopy)

The ingredients used in the unflavored versions of these solutions do not pose any Pesach concern and may be consumed on Pesach. These solutions are also available pre-flavored or with a "flavor pack" that one adds to the solution, and these are not recommended for Pesach. In recent years, another option has become available - sodium phosphate tablets (e.g. Osmo-Prep, Visicol). As with all other inedible tablets which are swallowed (as opposed to chewed), these tables may be used on Pesach regardless of which ingredients they contain. If someone is unable to drink the unflavored solution, and their doctor recommends that they not use the tablets, they should consult their Rabbi and doctor as to whether they may take the flavored solution and/or reschedule the procedure for before or after Pesach
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics