Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flight to israel cancelled :(

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 6:56 am
My daughters United flight back to israel from ewr was cancelled. Trying to rebook her on the safest and easiest way possible without breaking the bank. How can I find out if el Al is adding flights? Or any other good suggestions?

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 7:04 am
Call a travel agent, it just makes more sense in these times

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 7:38 am
Any recommendations for a travel agent

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:33 am
GPS travel specializes in tickets for yeshiva boys / sem

nicole81

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:41 am
Kiwi.com will be the cheapest but they rely on booking non contiguous flights and self transferring. That's how we got my son over here and iyh back to ey after his flight to America was cancelled. All safe airlines but a risk if any flight runs late. Mostly through European airlines connecting to Israir.

essie14

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:07 am
amother OP wrote:

www.chaikel.com

Isramom8

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:07 am
amother OP wrote:

Our son Shimi
shimino1@gmail.com
is an Israel-based travel agent who has helped many frum people in these challenging travel times.
English and Ivrit.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:12 am
We used five star travel both succos and now for pesach and we’re very happy with them 7184388558

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:12 am
nicole81 wrote:
Kiwi.com will be the cheapest but they rely on booking non contiguous flights and self transferring. That's how we got my son over here and iyh back to ey after his flight to America was cancelled. All safe airlines but a risk if any flight runs late. Mostly through European airlines connecting to Israir.

When you book on any of these 3rd party websites the airline will not assist you if you have any problem. I would highly recommend avoiding all of them. I either book with an agent or directly with an airline. Agents can save you a lot of time and anguish.

nicole81

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:26 am
amother Daphne wrote:
When you book on any of these 3rd party websites the airline will not assist you if you have any problem. I would highly recommend avoiding all of them. I either book with an agent or directly with an airline. Agents can save you a lot of time and anguish.

Not true. When ds's first flight was cancelled through Expedia we got a full refund.

But op also asked for the cheapest and I'm sharing the answer, with the risks involved.

Frankly I don't think it's a risk to fly to Europe and then transfer to Israir. But for us it was a matter of saving 2k and we weren't willing to pay that for an agent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics