Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Tell me what to buy

thehouse

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:49 pm
FTM, feeling soooo lost.
I currently only have a Doona, which is great for on the go, but I would like a stroller for going on walks (on sometimes uneven sidewalks) and bumping up and down a few stairs. Additionally, I live in a suburban area with 4 season climate, so the ability to handle up to 6 inches of snow is a plus.
My baby is on a large growth trajectory and will likely be a tall toddler, so I really want it to last a while.
I have read that most stacked single to doubles are impractical, and honestly I wouldn't be buying a stroller for that, but I wonder if the marketing is getting to me...
I like what I'm seeing about the Uppababy Vista and found decent prices on FB Marketplace, but don't know if the year purchased matters, is a 2020 V2 really better than a 2017? (Assuming they are both in great condition.)
Am I being completely fooled and should just buy a Graco or something similar? Are the tires and shocks absorption that much better with the luxury brands?
I hate to be a victim to consumerism, but I also value quality, lasting products and am willing to pay if it's actually worthwhile.

Help Sad

amother
Bone

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:03 pm
V2 will have an easier time with finding compatible parts.

Fwiw I have a 13 year old Vista that still works well.

It really doesn't do well with going in and out of the trunk though. It's too heavy and bulky. So if that's a factor that will matter to your lifestyle, read this twice 😀

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:05 pm
Good brands wheel better and are just more
bcomfortable to use and last better in general.
If you are in and out of cars, you can get away with a joolz aer or uppa baby mini. They are travel strollers but have a smooth push.
Personally I like the bugaboo better. the push is better and the seat is bigger than the uppa baby.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:17 pm
Uppa baby made some drastic changes for the better. Only go with v2 most recent you can find. ..note if double is not a big shaker for you Cruz had nice size wheels now too. You may want to also check out silvercross bugaboo or joolz.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:29 pm
Air tires and shock absorption make a big difference for what you specified. The tire quality on more budget brands are fine. If you’re going for a jogger, I find the frame stability is the most concerning. Graco is fine for that, in my experience. My graco jogger does fine in deep snow but does not have shock absorption. It’s not an issue past the newborn stage if your baby doesn’t mind it and you’re not using it for actual jogging on uneven sidewalks. I’d get a sports brand for that. I would not hesitate to get a cheaper brand. In fact, Amazon has free returns on some. Why not get one and test it out in your home to see what you think?

amother
Brass

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:33 pm
I love the silvercross wave. It’s got a big basket that has a high weight limit, the seats can accommodate bigger kids, and I like that it has the double stroller option (works for me)

I like that the handlebar can extend far making it easy to push for someone taller. The push is very smooth in general and it turns easily making navigation a breeze. It also can use car seat adapters so I can click mine in easily. To me it was the most practical, and also most aesthetically pleasing.

I live in NY and use it all year round, I find it works well in snow as well. I even use it on rocky forest paths when hiking and it’s great.

It is a little heavy but I have zero issue getting it in and out if the car, honestly

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:49 pm
Baby jogger with GT wheels is the smoothest carriage out there def cheaper… not as pretty great for big babies. Gold flat with one hand. I have a bad back and it was a life saver.. have it for 11 years already

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:55 pm
Do you care about how much space it takes up when folded? Will you be folding it to go in the car?

thehouse

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:04 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Do you care about how much space it takes up when folded? Will you be folding it to go in the car?

It's not the most important factor for me. Obviously it would be convenient for it to take up less space, but I care more about the things I mentioned before. I also know that it's unrealistic to have 1 stroller that does it all and will probably get a cheaper travel stroller/umbrella stroller when the need arises.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:57 pm
I recently got uppababy baby Cruz for baby number 7. First time I got an expensive stroller and it was worth every penny! I love it! Great push, smooth, big comfy seat with multiple recline levels, amazing basket, looks nice and modern… really enjoying!

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:08 am
amother Brass wrote:
I love the silvercross wave. It’s got a big basket that has a high weight limit, the seats can accommodate bigger kids, and I like that it has the double stroller option (works for me)

I like that the handlebar can extend far making it easy to push for someone taller. The push is very smooth in general and it turns easily making navigation a breeze. It also can use car seat adapters so I can click mine in easily. To me it was the most practical, and also most aesthetically pleasing.

I live in NY and use it all year round, I find it works well in snow as well. I even use it on rocky forest paths when hiking and it’s great.

It is a little heavy but I have zero issue getting it in and out if the car, honestly

I have a total opposite opinion. I got it after lots of research but wasn’t happy with the bulky ness and that my 6 month old baby filled up the whole seat so I sold it and got a used bugaboo lynx which I like a million times more. It doesn’t have so many bells and whistles but so much easier to push and maneuver with one hand and the barely there basket holds plenty.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:09 am
thehouse wrote:
It's not the most important factor for me. Obviously it would be convenient for it to take up less space, but I care more about the things I mentioned before. I also know that it's unrealistic to have 1 stroller that does it all and will probably get a cheaper travel stroller/umbrella stroller when the need arises.

Lots of People are getting the bugaboo dragonfly lately. It pushes really well and folds easy. You can get it discounted on goodbuygear.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics