Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is he being under paid ?
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
How much is that a year?

About 56-58K.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:07 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
About 56-58K.

O wow my husband is getting paid that at his first job I thought it was more

Goldie613

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 2:08 am
Try this website - I used to go on here for job ideas Very Happy You can search for the job your husband has, add in what part of the US you are in (assuming you are in the US) and it will tell you what jobs like that in that area pay on average. That should give you an idea if your spouse is being paid a fair wage.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 2:20 am
amother OP wrote:
It is EXTREMELY hard to find a job for a man in lakewood. Especially a man with no degree or work experience. Jobs are all for women.
He is very responsible and has a heart of gold but he isn't capable of getting a degree, passing courses etc
What jobs are you talking of which pay more that don't require lots of skill?

Just want to give you some hope. My husband also wasn’t capable of a degree or courses and really wasn’t a go getter personality type. He was fired from his first 2 jobs. I was feeling really down, but now we’re almost 20 years married and he has a great job in the kosher food industry. He started by working in pesach hotels and mashgiach jobs and his name got out and it took years of building up his reputation but now he makes almost 250k bh. He has a few different employers and supervises a lot with kosher meat and various kosher items. While it’s not a hotshot type business like “real estate”’or “nursing homes”- he makes a very honest living, works side by side with rabbanim and other people that are of positive influence, and doesn’t have to deal with office politics or scammy / sketchy business practices. His main boss became a close friend. He feels like he has job security. These are all blessings that I used to cry myself to sleep with worry about. We had years that we couldn’t buy basic groceries or formula, and our credit cards were maxed out.

Growing

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 8:19 am
amother Daisy wrote:
Just want to give you some hope. My husband also wasn’t capable of a degree or courses and really wasn’t a go getter personality type. He was fired from his first 2 jobs. I was feeling really down, but now we’re almost 20 years married and he has a great job in the kosher food industry. He started by working in pesach hotels and mashgiach jobs and his name got out and it took years of building up his reputation but now he makes almost 250k bh. He has a few different employers and supervises a lot with kosher meat and various kosher items. While it’s not a hotshot type business like “real estate”’or “nursing homes”- he makes a very honest living, works side by side with rabbanim and other people that are of positive influence, and doesn’t have to deal with office politics or scammy / sketchy business practices. His main boss became a close friend. He feels like he has job security. These are all blessings that I used to cry myself to sleep with worry about. We had years that we couldn’t buy basic groceries or formula, and our credit cards were maxed out.

this is so encouraging

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:26 am
Would he be interested in the trades? Electric, plumbing, carpentry?

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:46 am
I don’t think 25 is so low for an entry level non skilled job.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:50 am
The answer is yes he deserves more. However like you said the market for men is really horrible in Lakewood. Like others say there are 19 year olds making more than this- those are girls. It’s an odd reverse sexism.

I think looking into a trade is an excellent idea . Plumbing HVAC etc can make a lot of money and there’s always demand. Or maybe appliance repair ? He can still make his own schedule and there’s tons of room for growth. For example as his name gets out there he can hire workers under him etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries