Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Birkat Hailanot in Flatbush today or tomorrow?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:49 pm
The place we usually go to already had the flowers come off so can't say it there. Anywhere else that is still good to go?

Skippy!!

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:15 pm
Misaskim has a list on their website.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:16 pm
Skippy!! wrote:
Misaskim has a list on their website.
I found out that one of the places to go, it's already too late, so I'm looking for a place where someone can confirm that we can still say the bracha now.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:57 am
bump for a place that we can still go to say bracha in flatbush and boro park, that is still blooming but doesn't have fruit yet but still has flowers on the fruit trees.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:59 pm
???

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:40 am
This is last chance for this year, do you know of a place I can go today?

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:11 am
The tree I go to in Brooklyn blooms late and all the flowers have been gone for about a week. You might have missed it this year. The misaskim list has places where there are a few different types of fruit trees. Your best bet might be going to one of those and you might find something still blooming. For next year, if you’re in New York mid April is usually best. May is usually too late.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:56 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
The tree I go to in Brooklyn blooms late and all the flowers have been gone for about a week. You might have missed it this year. The misaskim list has places where there are a few different types of fruit trees. Your best bet might be going to one of those and you might find something still blooming. For next year, if you’re in New York mid April is usually best. May is usually too late.
now I know for next year. This is disappointing, it's been a while since I missed a year.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:57 am
Flowers?
Im So confused.
Arent you supposed to make a bracha on a fruit tree? There is a fig tree on my block, if youre willing to come to Boro Park
Th address is 1536 51 Street

amother
Sage

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:02 pm
AFAIK tomorrow is the last day

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 5:34 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Flowers?
Im So confused.
Arent you supposed to make a bracha on a fruit tree? There is a fig tree on my block, if youre willing to come to Boro Park
I went to one of the places and they said there are no flowers on the tree anymore so you can't say it?

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 5:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
I went to one of the places and they said there are no flowers on the tree anymore so you can't say it?

The blossoms from the fruit trees are already gone. The Mitzvah is to make the bracha in the month of Nissan when the fruit trees are blooming. No more blooms 😔
Someone close to me went all around to many fruit trees yesterday and said there were none that still had blooms left for her to be able to make the bracha.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 5:39 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Flowers?
Im So confused.

Have the white blossoms already fallen off? The blooms that come before the fruit.

gr82no

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 6:08 pm
In monsey there are trees woth flowers, a bunch fell off but a few were still attached

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:31 pm
Why does it have to be blooming? The bracha is on trees, ... ilanos tovim... so why not on a tree with fruit?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries