Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Pack and Play help

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:12 am
We use our pack and play as a crib, and until now have been using the bassinet attachment that hooks onto the frame, which worked great. Two days ago, I walked into the room and DD 6 months had pulled herself up on the side and was leaning over the edge. Well, I freaked out and took down the bassinet, so that now she would be sleeping on the lower part.

Since then, it's been really difficult to be able to lower her down into it without waking her up. I'm 5'3", so it have to do with that, but even DH complained and he's 5'10". He wants to get a normal crib but we're really strapped for space at the moment, so I don't think it would be a good idea.

TL;DR: Is there any way to raise the mattress of the pack and play to where I can comfortably lower her in without dropping her?

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:15 am
Some pack n plays come with an additional attachment that raises the mattress.
But at 6 months old, she's too old for that. She can sit/pull herself up & fall out ch'v.
Maybe use a step stool when putting her in to the pack n play, or get a porta crib that's the same size as the pack n play.
She will eventually outgrow the pack n play though, sooner rather then later. So you'd anyways need to get a bigger bed for her.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:19 am
I also had no space so we got a portacrib much better than a pack n play more comfortable and there r three levels to put the mattress (even the lowest one isnt on the floor like pack n play) easier to get baby in and out

Eta we also used it until she was ready for a bed not ideal but she didn’t complain lol

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:20 am
Years ago they also had cribs with bars that lowered, became illegal unfortunately. Was so much easier to put baby in

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:23 am
Put in another mattress in the pac and play. Anyways the one it comes with is an uncomfortable piece of cardboard. NEver understand how kids are able to sleep on it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:04 am
amother Linen wrote:
I also had no space so we got a portacrib much better than a pack n play more comfortable and there r three levels to put the mattress (even the lowest one isnt on the floor like pack n play) easier to get baby in and out

Eta we also used it until she was ready for a bed not ideal but she didn’t complain lol

Can you please link it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:04 am
amother Celeste wrote:
Put in another mattress in the pac and play. Anyways the one it comes with is an uncomfortable piece of cardboard. NEver understand how kids are able to sleep on it.

Right now she sleeps on the one it comes with fine, the problem is just lowering her in there.
I've heard that many pack and play mattresses aren't safe.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:05 am
amother Linen wrote:
Years ago they also had cribs with bars that lowered, became illegal unfortunately. Was so much easier to put baby in

I was looking for something like that and couldn't find any. Now it makes sense.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can you please link it?

Sorry I bought it in a jewish furniture store if your in monsey got it in brauns plus they gave it to me with a better mattress than the one it came with :
Looks something like this but I dont know quality would have to read reviews (plus when I bought in store they delivered and assembled online need to assemble)

https://a.co/d/aIMMX1G
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics