Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Trash can in the bedroom?
Previous  1  2

Do you have a trashcan in your bedroom?
Yes, with a lid  
 10%  [ 20 ]
Yes, without a lid  
 54%  [ 102 ]
No, I don't have trash there  
 12%  [ 24 ]
No, I bring trash out to a different room  
 21%  [ 40 ]
Other, will explain in comments  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 188

amother
Clear

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:59 pm
I have one in my bathroom

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:10 pm
I have one. Tags, stocking wrappers, tissues...
I also throw out wet diapers in there. (The exception is for newborn diapers. No way am I getting up in middle of the night for that. Baby sleeps next to me in a bassinet, I nurse, and everything is in arm's reach). The can is always lined with bags and emptied frequently.

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:10 pm
I don't throw out anything other than tissues or papers or tights that rip.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:14 pm
jeg wrote:
Do you have a trash can in your bedroom? If so, what does it look like? I never know where to put my tissues, but I don't like the idea of a trashcan so close to my bed.

Why? What do you plan to put in there?
I have one 2 feet from my bed. Typically it holds empty water bottles and tissues, maybe a few used q-tips or a piece of floss. Nothing smelly and nothing food related to attract bugs.

jeg

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
My husband has a shopping bag hanging on his silent butler. Other than that, nothing. I throw out tissues I use every morning. Not a big deal in my opinion.

But where do you put the tissues after you use them until the morning?

jeg

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:30 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
No trash can. I make the extra 15 steps in the morning to throw out my tissues Banging head

Where do you put the tissues after you use them before the morning?

Cheiny

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:42 pm
jeg wrote:
Do you have a trash can in your bedroom? If so, what does it look like? I never know where to put my tissues, but I don't like the idea of a trashcan so close to my bed.

I use the one in the master bathroom.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:44 pm
jeg wrote:
Where do you put the tissues after you use them before the morning?

I’m trying to remember when was the last time I used tissues in the bedroom. Is there some secret I don’t know? Whenever I have a bad cold, my nightstand is filled with crumpled tissues throughout the night. Otherwise….?

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:46 pm
Does anyone really put putrescible trash in the bedroom wastebasket? What are they doing, eating dinner in there? Eeeew. I would think bedroom wastebaskets hold what pps have said: tissues, empty deodorant cans, discarded ties and stockings, nothing especially gross that requires a lid and extreme discretion. Bathrooms, maybe, but bedrooms?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:57 pm
Thing is, my master bedroom is too aesthetically designed for a trash can to ruin it.

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:28 pm
Thing is, my master bedroom is too aesthetically designed for a trash can to ruin it.
If you prefer to live in a museum, that's your problem. You could have "aesthetically designed" your room to accommodate a waste receptacle, either concealed behind the door of a nightstand or made to match the decor, and I'm shocked that a person with the money to have such a room didn't have the brains to think about practicality.

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:31 pm
I’m trying to remember when was the last time I used tissues in the bedroom. Is there some secret I don’t know? Whenever I have a bad cold, my nightstand is filled with crumpled tissues throughout the night. Otherwise….?
. And of course crumpled tissues are SO aesthetically pleasing.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:56 pm

Not sure what that means. You can turn any pretty receptacle that matches your decor and use it as a wastebasket. You can get two, one for near each bed if you want your room to be symmetrical. You can have them it look like a statement piece or blend in. You can get a pretty piece to use on a night table to hold tissues until morning...

It's like saying a night table doesn't match your decor. So you put a modern shelf for eye glasses and reading material. It still serves the same function.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:06 pm
Goldengoose wrote:
I don't have one in my room because I have one in my bathroom. my kids all have a small trashcan in their room for tissues and papers or whatnot.
it's not smelly or gross. if you want one, I can't see a reason not to have one.

This. We have a private bathroom, and there’s a garbage can in there, so no need for one in the bedroom as well. The kids all have small garbage cans and tall hampers in their rooms, and there’s a garbage can and hamper in their bathroom as well. The guest rooms each have a garbage can, but no hamper. The main floor bathroom has a garbage can, and I have a hamper for my baby in the living room.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:11 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
. And of course crumpled tissues are SO aesthetically pleasing.

Who is looking at my room, that I am trying to please? And especially during what are normal sleep hours?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:18 pm
our place is small, so dh or I do wind up eating in there from time to time if we need some space. there's a can with a lid for an odd granola bar wrapper, an empty takeaway coffee cup if someone treats the other to coffee in bed, etc. lids because we have dogs and one took up a hobby shredding discarded sniffle tissues. anything super gross or sloppy goes out to main can.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics