Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Alaska vs Norway vs Iceland

YOUNGIMA

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 1:40 pm
Any recommendations for one over the other?

Looking to go on a 5 day trip in August.

At of these places have kosher food available?

doctorima

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:34 pm
I've been to all 3 and they're all lovely. Kosher food in each will only be by order through the local Chabad, or whatever you can find in the local grocery. With 5 days I'd probably lean toward Iceland, which you can cover a lot of in that period of time, and which is a must shorter (and direct!) flight from the East coast. Alaska is magnificent in its grandeur, though much more spread out and farther away. Norway was my least favorite of the 3.

tichellady

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 4:14 pm
None of these are gonna be a gourmet kosher scene. Probably depends on the distance and pricing and if you want to be so here outside the US or be in the US . I have been to Alaska and loved it- accommodations are expensive and not very updated, nothing resorty unless you want to spend a real fortune. We had a great time. I hear the fjords in Norway are unbelievable but 5 days is probably not enough time for that

patzer

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 5:46 pm
Can someone satisfy my curiosity: How do people manage vacations in countries that are not English-speaking? How do you figure out transportation options, communicate with hotel staff, visit tourist attractions? Scratching Head

CDL

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 5:52 pm
patzer wrote:
Can someone satisfy my curiosity: How do people manage vacations in countries that are not English-speaking? How do you figure out transportation options, communicate with hotel staff, visit tourist attractions? Scratching Head

Everyone speaks at least a little English, especially if they’re working in the tourism industry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics