Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Are some babies just more difficult?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Watermelon

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 5:44 am
Yes for sure. Some babies are very very difficult and intense.

And you can't relate to others who have easier babies.

It's not you, it's the baby. Gam zeh yaavor.

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 5:57 am
Yes, some babies are more difficult, just as some adults are more difficult. People are born with personalities. They are also born with bodies and organ systems that are more temperamental or less temperamental. My BFF told me after her first was born that babies are so easy to care for, she wanted a dozen. Then her second was born.

amother
Starflower

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 5:58 am
This thread is so validating to read.
I have 2 kids and both were extremely difficult babies. I went through such a dark time when they were infants.

Nonstop crying, never sleeping, shrieking in the car. I felt like a failure. My friends’ babies were so easy and it really confused me.

Looking back, I think my babies were physically uncomfortable, had pain probably in their stomach… and B”H outgrew the shrieking and not sleeping by 6-8 months.

Can’t say they’re easy toddlers now. Definitely very active and rambunctious. But you can’t compare.

Trying to calm down a colicky baby is torturous.

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 6:07 am
Try cranial sacral therapy

Works wonders

Supermom#1

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 6:14 am
amother OP wrote:
BH I had my first baby 6 months ago. He is adorable thank Gd and I love him dearly. However he kvetches non stop. He screams in the car non stop. I can’t put him down for a second. Ive tried to not pick him up too much and his crying just escalates. I feel like postpartum has been so hard for me because I feel like I’m failing as a mother. Trying to understand how people can do this over and over and maybe now I’m realizing that some babies are easier? Or maybe the first one is just the hardest?

Sorry if this sounds naive. Plz be kind.

What's baby's sleep schedule like? Many times, the cause of crying/whining is due to tiredness or over-tiredness. A baby this age has an awake - time - limit of approx 1 hour (give or take 15 min). Try to be mindful of that. Could be that baby just needs a good nap. Good Luck!

amother
Green

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 6:18 am
Absolutely some babies are more difficult. Personally I think there's always a reason, not that we can always figure it out. Basics are hungry / tired, but past that there's tummy issues, oral ties, reflux, food sensitivities.
Screaming in the car for my baby was always always needing to burp. People also say it's a histamine thing.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics