Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Seminary instead of 12th grade
Previous  1  2

gottago

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 7:42 am
Maybe Machon Sarah in Israel. They are currently in their 1st year, but I'm hearing really great things. High level learning, questions welcomed and encouraged, lots of extra-curricular. I think it's worth finding out if they'll consider a 12th grader.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:41 am
amother Caramel wrote:
What about an out of town BY?

She would love an out of town community and the mentality generally in these communities is really what she's craving for... but where would she stay? Most schools don't have a dorm. And I think it would be hard for her to break into a class when these girls were together for 3 years already whereas seminary is new for everyone so the dynamics are not set yet.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:46 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
What about nitzotz seminary in Bklyn? I heard pp are very happy there. They do have a high school though and next yr will be the first 12th grade.

Interesting. Would love to hear more. I'd also be open to putting her in 12th grade if the girls and faculty are friendly and accepting.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:49 am
I heard of people going to BY sem in BP instead of 12th grade.

kugelEater

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:12 am
What about Ateres? When I was in hs I know that several girls skipped 12th to go there. I know it has changed since then, but maybe it is still an option for her. It also has that OOT feel you are looking for.

energybar

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:23 am
I know someone who skipped 12th grade for exactly that reason (Lakewood) and she continued to a Lakewood sem. Even with her overall experience, it may be helpful to speak to her or her mother. PM me for more info.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 10:03 am
Just to let you know that today is officially the last day to apply for chedvas(Israel). I have a friend sending there and she's heard very good things about it.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 12:20 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Just to let you know that today is officially the last day to apply for chedvas(Israel). I have a friend sending there and she's heard very good things about it.

For Shana aleph or Shana bet? They only start advertising for Shana Aleph after Pesach basically, I see ads from around now until the end of June time usually, unless this year they are doing it differently.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:57 pm
Ateres or bnos avigayil

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Dd is very unhappy in her school and switching to another school is not an option. She's a little out of the box but a good frum girl otherwise. We were advised to look into seminary options for her. She's very smart and likes to learn but she wants to be in a place where questions are welcomed and not looked down at. Are there seminaries in Brooklyn or even Israel who would accept a girl who skips 12th grade? And is there a type of seminary where the girls are not the typical BY type but solid in hashkafah and looking to grow spiritually? Her teachers and principals will vouch for her. They see her as a deep thinker and more mature than her peers.

I know somebody who had a dd that skipped 12th grade and went to Bnos Binah seminary in Brooklyn.

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
She would love an out of town community and the mentality generally in these communities is really what she's craving for... but where would she stay? Most schools don't have a dorm. And I think it would be hard for her to break into a class when these girls were together for 3 years already whereas seminary is new for everyone so the dynamics are not set yet.

I don’t think it would be so hard to break in, I’m in Baltimore and the classes are all tracked and then college classes and minors are all different girls. She’ll see everyone. And will have many college classes plus AP that is good for credit too. No form but people have boarders. Call the school and ask.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 10:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Interesting. Would love to hear more. I'd also be open to putting her in 12th grade if the girls and faculty are friendly and accepting.

I second nitzotz. I know someone who was unhappy in her hs so she skipped 12th grade and went there instead. She says it was the best decision. Idk if they have a dorm though.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 11:09 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
I second nitzotz. I know someone who was unhappy in her hs so she skipped 12th grade and went there instead. She says it was the best decision. Idk if they have a dorm though.

I'd love to hear more about nitzotz because her principal also mentioned this seminary. Do they have a dorm? What type of girls? Are they mostly girls from Brooklyn? Do the girls have smartphones? Do they get college credit? Is it a full day program?

amother
Coral

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:59 pm
bump-
any insights about this seminary? Would love to hear more

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 3:04 pm
Bnos Sara has taken girls that skipped 12th grade. It sounds exactly like what you’re looking for…
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info