Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama Admits Muslim Faith
Previous  1  2  3  4

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 11:20 am
My point wasn't that I think any example I gave is significant. I don't. My point is that if we examine every mistake or gaffe with a magnifying glass, taking it as the truth being accidentally revealed, we'll drive ourselves crazy, and wind up throwing out a lot of spurious accusations.

And it was Stephanopoulos who misunderstood, in this case.

Kinneret

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 11:25 am
queen wrote:
I'll admit upfront that I'm for McCain.... however wake up America- it's only 7 years post 9-11 and we want to elect a Moslim based candidate???

What are they thinking?!!!? Idea Question Exclamation

Well, most people know Obama is not a Muslim.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 11:30 am
Clarissa wrote:
My point wasn't that I think any example I gave is significant. I don't. My point is that if we examine every mistake or gaffe with a magnifying glass, taking it as the truth being accidentally revealed, we'll drive ourselves crazy.

And it was Stephanopoulos who misunderstood, in this case.

They both erred.
It was funny.
I understood what he meant, but it was a slip to say "MY Muslim faith..." instead of "My being a Muslim..." .
or "He hasn't stated that I'm a Muslim."

If I stated "you’re absolutely right that Melissa has not talked about my elephants man's disease" because I don't have that I have neurofibromatosis, it would sound to anyone like I was saying I had the disease, when what I would really want to say is "she hasn't said I have elephants man's disease.."

And Obama himself, or at least the campaign admits he misspoke, but they say that Stephanopoulos interrupted him before he could self correct.

Can't the guy laugh at himself?

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 11:44 am
I don't understand. How does this demonstrate that Obama can't laugh at himself?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics