Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
The candidates and their stands on people with disabilities

Clarissa

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 2:15 pm
Disclaimer: I can't verify everything this man says, because I'd be Googling until Pesach. But, for those who face disabilities themselves, or children with special needs, this is one man's explanation of why he's voting for Obama. If these issues are not central to what you deem important in this election, you may not be interested. I haven't read somebody's take from the perspective of voting for McCain, but that's not because it's not out there. I just saw this link to this blog on a non-partisan, Special Needs board:

http://www.patriciaebauer.com/.....05%20

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 2:26 pm
Promising from a scripted sheet is one thing, doing is another whole thing.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 2:28 pm
Absolutely. And not even promising is another thing altogether.

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 2:31 pm
You know, all the promises made during the campaigning mean nothing to me and should be taken with a grain of salt, or a whole box of it. This goes for both parties and for any election at any level...

Clarissa

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 2:39 pm
Just curious. Have you both read this thing in its entirety? If so, could you tell me which promises you think are false, with regards to Americans with disabilities and special needs? Because the people on the special needs board where I got the link feel pretty strongly that a McCain/Palin presidency will not be positive for their community, and they're fairly well-versed, no matter what their party affiliation.

Please tell me why you don't think a person with a disability would be more optimistic about getting behind somebody who goes out and limb enough to support their community, as opposed to a candidate who has made no such commitments, or even stressed it as part of his platform. I did hear Governor Palin promise that people with disabilities would have a friend in the White House, but this Professor Longmore seems to be fairly well-educated and is breaking it all down, and sees things differently.

Please point me to the specific sections in which you think Professor Longmore buying into something that is a false promise, or something very unlikely to happen, and explain why. This is his area of expertise (see what he does for a living) but I'm just learning about this stuff, myself. I mean it. I google a lot but have much to learn.

Lady Godiva

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:48 pm
I was just saying that in general. I have a hard time believing potitical promises and ideas in general.

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 2:02 am
clarissa I think u could post more and still people would not understand what they read.
he not only did the research but gives sources.
I found the info very enlightening,I have a friend who has TWO children w/Spina Bifida,and it is TOUGH.BH her father has money to help them out,and can afford top quality insurance for them. they dont receive too much money from the government financially.all operations are paid out of pocket,can u imagine??

if u dont like someone it doesn't matter what they say,it doesn't matter if they have a record proving their beliefs,it just doesn't matter.
but I appreciate the link clarrissa
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics