Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Mummy please!

amother

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 2:29 pm
Lately, my 15 month old seems to not be interested in my husband. My husband used to get huge smiles from him, now nothing, also sometimes my toddler gets really upset when my husband picks him up and wants to come to me. I don't really understand why this is happening, since my husband is so nice to him. He plays with him and they have such fun together. Is there anything I can do to encourage my toddler to like his dad?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 7:17 pm
just let them spend time together, especially if you're out. I just read an article in Babytalk how sometimes babies prefer one parents over another and it's only a stage.

Tefila

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 8:08 pm
Trust me it's a phase Exclamation all my kids go thru this stage at this age and invariably at around three it reverses, and then again at an older age. So enjoy it whilst it lasts. Tongue Out

Milk Munch

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 10:19 pm
I'll second that its just a stage...but I'll tell you how my husband would deal with it...he would "lure" him in with chocolate chips and other treats!

1stimer

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 12:43 pm
Phew! thanks for reassuring me that it was just a phase. They're now best of buddies again, tg.

Freilich what do you mean 'enjoy it'? Confused I want my son to like his dad!!

Btw I posted under amother b/c I was scared someone would tell me that it was because we were doing x,y,z wrong and it is horribly sad. Smile

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 4:47 pm
Quote:
Freilich what do you mean 'enjoy it'? I want my son to like his dad!

Ofcourse, but when I say it will reverse he will be all for him and you may not exist. Neh I'm just scaring u Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics