Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How many karats
Previous  1  2  3

zigi

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 10:00 am
I don't have one. I told dh don't bother. I knew that he couldn't afford it and that I would lose it. I would like a cz maybe, but I'm so used to not wearing rings.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 9:02 am

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 6:53 am
It's the sparkle that matters more than the size.
I was told by DH's family jeweler that the best care you can give to the diamond ring
is to use soapy water with dish detergents, three times daily--while it's worn. Wink

And remember it's always easier to replace/upgrade the rock but the husband less so.

grin

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 6:55 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
I was told by DH's family jeweler that the best care you can give to the diamond ring
is to use soapy water with dish detergents, three times daily--while it's worn. Wink

really? shock I always thought that it would wear away the setting and cause the stone to come loose.

msctwg

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 12:04 pm
I was reading all these replies and, I had to smile.
When we got married, my husband asked me if I wanted a ring and I said no. I don't like rings. So he got me a neclace instead. A very simple, silver neclace, with the words v'erastich li li'olam. I am happy to say that I am still beloved to him, as he is to me. Today the sparks and glammor, come from our marriage, not the jewellery I have got.
Take care of your selves and your marriage

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 12:27 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
It's the sparkle that matters more than the size.

In terms of what? It's kind of a personal thing, some people prefer size, some people prefer sparkle. It all depends.
Mine is a little over a karat, H, vs1 (IIRC).

red sea

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 12:38 pm
Pickle Lady wrote:
I have a 4 carat diamond ring and since it was so heavy we decided to use it as our bedroom door knob.

Rolling Laughter I have a ring and have no idea what it is tho now you all made me curious I admit.

Mrs. Bissli wrote:
And remember it's always easier to replace/upgrade the rock but the husband less so.

8)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:12 pm
1.25 carats
I color
SI

I like it.

queen

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:14 pm
Mrs. Bissli wrote:

8)[/quote]

So well said!

SL

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 3:15 pm
1.75 VVS1 F I work in diamonds

Fabulous

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 3:20 pm
msctwg wrote:
I was reading all these replies and, I had to smile.
When we got married, my husband asked me if I wanted a ring and I said no. I don't like rings. So he got me a neclace instead. A very simple, silver neclace, with the words v'erastich li li'olam. I am happy to say that I am still beloved to him, as he is to me. Today the sparks and glammor, come from our marriage, not the jewellery I have got.
Take care of your selves and your marriage

Wow! That's so beautiful.

bandcm

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 4:41 pm
drumjj wrote:
no idea. and I dont really care. what I do care is at the moment after six and half years of marriage its starting to irritate my finger and its giving me a rash.

That happened to me a few months ago.
I just took off my rings and put them in my jewellery box for a few months, and recently put them back on and its fine.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 21 2008, 4:36 am
SL wrote:

antwerp?

MiamiMommy

Post Fri, Nov 21 2008, 11:25 am
Mine is a bit under 1, with baguettes on either side.

One of my newly married friends chose a beautiful eternity band (small diamonds all the way around the band) instead of the traditional band, and it's really elegant!

amother

Post Fri, Nov 21 2008, 11:31 am
My great aunt has one that is 22 Karats (now you know why I am posting anonymously as it is embarrassing).

Mine is 2 Karats.

SL

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 6:01 am
[quote="Ruchel"]
SL wrote:

antwerp?[/quote

yup Wink

shlomitsmum

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:03 pm
LOL.....

This question is as appealing as being asked about Hip size!
IMO who cares ....and I have a nice one B'H. so is not bitterness talking here ,I hate when I get asked if its real.... so rude , even roll it around so it does not show...

I hate when women check each others "bling" out !
Please do not size a potential friend ....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics