Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Binah's serial- Taking Flight
Previous  1  2

bashinda

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:35 am
it's driving me mad but not for any of the reasons you write about. It's driving me mad because it's not well written. For instance, narrative style. You have to pick. You can't have it be in the first person and then put in all these conversations where the first person narrator isn't there. How does Ruchama know what Toby and Aidel were talking about for instance? It's maddening.

Also when you have a message and the message becomes more important than the fact that you are telling a story you end up with a very boring plodding story. I mean we all know what's going to happen, right. At some point she gets help and people realize PPD could happen to anyone and it's not her fault blah blah blah. Yes the message is important but fiction has different rules than non fiction. She's writing this as if it were an autobiography. If it had been non fiction I would cut her some slack but all these people are made up. Can't you make it more interesting?

soulful music

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:41 am
bashinda wrote:
it's driving me mad but not for any of the reasons you write about. It's driving me mad because it's not well written. For instance, narrative style. You have to pick. You can't have it be in the first person and then put in all these conversations where the first person narrator isn't there. How does Ruchama know what Toby and Aidel were talking about for instance? It's maddening.

Also when you have a message and the message becomes more important than the fact that you are telling a story you end up with a very boring plodding story. I mean we all know what's going to happen, right. At some point she gets help and people realize PPD could happen to anyone and it's not her fault blah blah blah. Yes the message is important but fiction has different rules than non fiction. She's writing this as if it were an autobiography. If it had been non fiction I would cut her some slack but all these people are made up. Can't you make it more interesting?

I agree!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room